31Hillbury

Federal budget -190 visa

Hi, 

Just wondering what people’s take on the federal budget today means for offshore skilled migrants waiting for a grant?

thanks

eddie

Who knows mate. You'd hope that those who'd already submitted their application would still get through.

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

13 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Who knows mate. You'd hope that those who'd already submitted their application would still get through.

I would hope so.

I'm wondering the same, but I think the outlook is grim for the next 3-6 months for 190/189. There are a number of factors which might influence a grant in the future, but it most likely would adhere to migration priorities:

- stranded citizens

- separated families due to visa delays

- priority occupations for both temp and PR

- international student arrivals 

- Qantas and other major airlines/industries are lobbying to open borders and resume business 

- US elections and Aus politics

- other countries opening borders to international arrivals in 'safe countries 

- possibility of vaccine in the 1st half of 2021

- they all can't lag too far behind one another

My hope is that we get there before the 1st half of 2021. In the meantime, work hard, save and try not to stress, so you can hit the ground running on arrival.

22 minutes ago, Domo said:

I'm wondering the same, but I think the outlook is grim for the next 3-6 months for 190/189. There are a number of factors which might influence a grant in the future, but it most likely would adhere to migration priorities:

- stranded citizens

- separated families due to visa delays

- priority occupations for both temp and PR

- international student arrivals 

- Qantas and other major airlines/industries are lobbying to open borders and resume business 

- US elections and Aus politics

- other countries opening borders to international arrivals in 'safe countries 

- possibility of vaccine in the 1st half of 2021

- they all can't lag too far behind one another

My hope is that we get there before the 1st half of 2021. In the meantime, work hard, save and try not to stress, so you can hit the ground running on arrival.

Very good points.

unfortunately we are not a priority occupation.

I think your right! Time to keep your mind off it and put the pounds in the bank and hope for the best! 

It seems like we’re going to be waiting until the latter half of 2021.

5 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

I hope so to, it’s all pretty uncertain & not looking to good if I’m honest.

Although, all being good the economy will be stimulated to a very high extent during the next few years which should result in 2023-24 booming!

Temp migrants and WHV's will have to leave eventually or risk being unlawful. They'll have to send us visa grants to offset the loses, sooner or later. 

Plus mew stimulus packages will require workers in various industries, and realistically there aren't 20,000 PMSOL applicants waiting to enter Aus.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Domo said:

Temp migrants and WHV's will have to leave eventually or risk being unlawful. They'll have to send us visa grants to offset the loses, sooner or later. 

Plus mew stimulus packages will require workers in various industries, and realistically there aren't 20,000 PMSOL applicants waiting to enter Aus.

This is what I’m looking for! Optimism 

It is very disappointing. We have invested thousands of pounds and are told nothing. Our lives are in limbo. 

Surely we fall into the 2019/2020 migration fiscal year? We used up allocations provided for last year so yesterday's budget speak would not affect us. I think 🤔 

On the budget speech, they talk about stimulus, bringing in high net-worth applicants, business people circa 800k. Not saying we have that money but when applying for state sponsorship for Queensland you have to prove a decent sum of capital to be considered state sponsorship, if your house is part of proof you should be selling. Now bringing over that sum of money surely would equate to helping stimulate the economy? You would either need to rent, buy, start a small business. Either way injecting money in. I cannot see why they are ignoring us, makes no sense economically. 

I think the growing concern is that PR adds stress on the healthcare system and other social services, along with the fact that a disproportionately large some of applicants have secondary and more applicants. Which is why they added points to being single in November 2019. The secondary and more applicants also take away those allocations from individual applicants. 

Points are more specific to points driven visa like the 189. For the 190 SP, they are attracted to a variety of factors, age, skills partner, children, funds, commitment to the state etc. They receive quota from the feredal government, it's up to the state who they wish to sponsor and how many places it uses up. Bear in mind a young child is more than likely to assimilate into Australian society easier and cost them nothing, no birth costs etc. Healthcare is part and parcel with any population and is relative to the amount of people they can support which the state decide. 

It seems the government are doing everything in their power not to grant offshore visas. And those that have been granted make their lives hell trying to get into oz. Annoyingly we were always ready to come over as soon as the visa is granted, still are to some degree. Reading some other posts, some had theirs granted long before covid and never went then 😬. Will be interesting to see if the government adjusts the visa length if you were granted before the travel restrictions. My guess is, if they do, is when travel restrictions were put in place (Mar) to when they were lifted for each visa type. At the moment 7 months extension. Fortunately PR visa has no issue with that regard...