Construction industry in Perth

Mike B

Can anyone tell me the current state of the construction industry in Perth?

I am a 47 year old contracts manager in the UK looking to relocate ( already have a permanent visa) .  Is the job market a dead loss? Is it true that my age would go against me?  

Any advice would be appreciated. 

50 minutes ago, Mike B said:

Can anyone tell me the current state of the construction industry in Perth?

I am a 47 year old contracts manager in the UK looking to relocate ( already have a permanent visa) .  Is the job market a dead loss? Is it true that my age would go against me?  

Any advice would be appreciated. 

House prices seem to be ticking up a little in Perth, so I guess that is a good sign.

On 03/10/2020 at 15:00, newjez said:

I think they are building a new mine down south aren't they Paul, how's that coming along?

Don't know anything about that mate. I know the WA government are bringing forward millions of dollars worth of road and rail development and there are grants galore if you're building new property or renovating.

I just googled new mine in WA and it looks like Rio have a big new find and there's lots going on. Price of Iron Ore has been really high lately so the companies will be swimming in cash.

Here's a good link for info.

https://cmewa.com.au/about/wa-resources/project-map/

• 3 months later...