PET TRAVEL TO UK

Wifey59

I'm currently in the UK and my husband and furry friend will be joining me hopefully before Christmas. Trying to sort Louie (shitzu) first.

Has anyone got any recommendations please. Covid seems to have affected quite a few companies and the only quote we have got so far is from Jetpets $5800. Is this expensive? 

Thank you for any advice you may give at this stressful time.

Guest The Pom Queen
On 02/10/2020 at 22:46, Wifey59 said:

I'm currently in the UK and my husband and furry friend will be joining me hopefully before Christmas. Trying to sort Louie (shitzu) first.

Has anyone got any recommendations please. Covid seems to have affected quite a few companies and the only quote we have got so far is from Jetpets $5800. Is this expensive? 

I’m just off to sleep but remind me tomorrow and I can forward you some contacts. 

On 2 October 2020 at 13:46, Wifey59 said:

That doesn't sound bad. Prices are based on size / weight of dog, and back in 2016 we flew our little chihuahua Perth to London and it was about $3000 but throw in the covid complications and that a number of airlines aren't even transporting pets at the moment and I think that is about right. 

On 02/10/2020 at 13:46, Wifey59 said:

Hi

im currently back in the UK.  I had a quote off Jet Pets for $6500 for my Golden Retriever.  I had my cat flown back just before all this covid chaos and that was around $3800.  The only problem I have is that the journey itself is way too long, ( PERTH/SIDNEY,  SIDNEY/DUBAI,  DUBAI/LONDON. then over a 5 hour car journey to Cumbria.  When my cat travelled it was PERTH/DUBAI,  DUBAI/MANCHESTER.  
I was wanting a Manchester arrival as I can go to my families home that’s just 10 minutes from Manchester airport so he can have a couple of days rest and then drive an hour and half back to Cumbria.

i’m just hoping flights from Perth to Manchester will pick up soon as I really don’t want to put him through so many changes.  
I feel so mad at myself that I never got him back the same time as the cat.  The reason I couldn’t was that I had none that could take him in till I got back to the UK, and then when I got back myself Covid had kicked in.  
I understand your how your feeling😔

On 02/10/2020 at 13:46, Wifey59 said:

On 03/10/2020 at 18:06, The Pom Queen said:

I’m just off to sleep but remind me tomorrow and I can forward you some contacts. 

Hi

im in the same boat and I’m looking to fly my dog back from Perth to Manchester.  Before covid my cat  departed Perth airport and landed at Manchester Airport.  Jet pets have given me a flight that changes at Sydney and Dubai then arrives London.  Does this seem to be the same for all pets  flying back to the UK do you know?   If you have any information I would be really grateful.