Senfield

Where to begin? Time to return home

4 hours ago, Martinbjulieb said:

We used Chess. Britannia at this end and they were amazing!! Don’t get your insurance through them though. We used Letton Percival. I think they are mentioned on here somewhere. Good luck! 

Allied Pickford stated it would be beneficial to take out their insurance & storage, because it will work out cheaper!!! Belongings are going into storage until I find somewhere to live. The rep said this will ensure everything remains covered until items are delivered to an address!!! Finding the right removals has been my biggest challenge. 

40 minutes ago, Senfield said:

Allied Pickford stated it would be beneficial to take out their insurance & storage, because it will work out cheaper!!! Belongings are going into storage until I find somewhere to live. The rep said this will ensure everything remains covered until items are delivered to an address!!! Finding the right removals has been my biggest challenge. 

It may well be cheaper but if you need to claim, you may regret it!

If things will be in storage for some time, it’s better to get them to deliver it to a self storage place, as then you’ll be able to visit and take bits and pieces as you need then. More expensive but more practical 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 hours ago, Senfield said:

Received TOR ref number after 3 separate emails because their system could not cope with too many attachments in one email 😂

Yeah that file size for attachments still seems to be an issue. 🙄

Well that’s another thing done though. 👍

On 20/10/2020 at 21:05, bunbury61 said:

Well the autumn and winter better hurry up - 17c today 

A bit of wind today - still as anything over the last few days 

Pretty pleasant - some lovely colours 

If winter can wait just until after I arrive back, this will give me time to get a new wardrobe of clothes 😂

Edited by Senfield

On 21/10/2020 at 19:30, Amber Snowball said:

Yeah that file size for attachments still seems to be an issue. 🙄

Well that’s another thing done though. 👍

Slowly, working through my list 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Senfield said:

Slowly, working through my list 😊

Hang in there, it will be worth it.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 20/10/2020 at 20:41, Senfield said:

They might haggle about claims though! If I remember correctly our belongings were insured for 60 days after they went into storage as we didn’t know where we were ending up at that time.