tonyman

Wallet App

Can anyone tell me what App to use for my bank card, obviously I've never used a bank card in my phone but with these magnetic scanners around it maybe safer, any advice please, thanks

So many wallet Apps to choose from ect

Sent from my CPH1725 using PomsinOz mobile app

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Do you have an iPhone or Android?  

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

I use the wallet app that came with my I phone. Already installed.

I also use stocard for my loyalty cards, works really well and my purse is now significantly smaller and lighter. I even have a digital driving licence on my gov app.

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

I would only use Google Pay or Apple Pay, because the bank details are not actually stored on the phone itself, so they are more secure.   I would not risk using any other app to store any kind of bank card.

I use Stocard for all my loyalty cards, library cards and club membership cards - but I wouldn't put things like Medicare card or driving licence on there. 

You have to consider that if you put all your identity documents on your phone, then if someone steals your phone, they've got your whole identity, all your bank account details etc in their hands.  And don't assume your pin number will be enough to stop them getting in!

Personally, I don't have my bank card on my phone for that reason. I also don't use bank apps.  I keep my bank cards in a RFID protected wallet.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 4

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Call me paranoid but I don't trust apps. I was a programmer for a long time, call themselves software engineers these days, and i know what you can do with apps that the user wouldn't be aware of. 

I use my visa card often but keep it in an RFID wallet. I still use cash a lot, specially in busy pubs when there's a queue.

• Like 3

My phone is more secure than a card in my wallet.

To open my phone needs my face or my thumbprint. If i lose my wallet someone can tap using the cards for any transactions up to $100.

Google pay lets you store all your bankcards and many loyalty cards all within the app.

In the early days of chip cards i was suspicious of them too but getting cash back for tapping brought me round eventually. The phone apps are so much quicker than logging on from a computer too. All the apps open using my thumbprint which is super quick.

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

36 minutes ago, Parley said:

All the apps open using my thumbprint which is super quick.

Unless you burn your thumb on the exhaust and the print is currently a bit too smooth ..

I've had to enrol another finger🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you have an iPhone or Android?  
Using android atm

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x