Brisbane schools: Clayville College or St Margarets school?

kazza

Hi there, 

We are currently considering Clayville College and St Margaret's schools in Brisbane (we are moving over from London to Brisbane) and wondered if anyone has experience of either of these schools? Tried to search online, but nothing is really coming up.  We are not religious, but would prefer a private school option...

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, kazza said:

Hi there, 

We are currently considering Clayfield College and St Margaret's schools in Brisbane (we are moving over from London to Brisbane) and wondered if anyone has experience of either of these schools? Tried to search online, but nothing is really coming up.  We are not religious, but would prefer a private school option...

Thanks in advance!

Sorry Clayfield College!

Hi Kazza

I don't know either schools that well however I do have several clients and friends who have sent their girls to St Margarets and they all speak very highly of the school. Personally one thing i do like about St Margs is that they take boarders and I think that great for for the city girls as that brings a great balance as the country girls tend to be very down to earth and bring a different perspective. Our daughter o about to finish her first year at BGGS which is just 3kms from Clayfield and St Margs and she loves it.

I'll see if I can find some useful info for you as a work with a few guys whose daughters went to those schools.

All the best

We are fortunate we live in a great suburb with two excellent primary schools so were happy for her to start her education in the state system. That worked very well for us as our family business was just a two minute drive away. It really depends on where you are intending to live as to whether a State school could be an option. It might be a bot easier on the hip pocket too!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just reviving this. We are looking at schools for our little girl now she is starting kindy aged 3.5 as we will need to enrol her by April this year. We are in Wavell Heights so catchment for Nundah state which looks very good but just out of Eagle Junction which has excellent reports. However, as Steve has said, St Margaret's is meant to be great and a colleague has his girls there. This would probably mean a move for us and a longer commute. We are considering a move this year to buy anyway and a small move in Northern suburbs to Hendra, Ascot or Gordon Park would move the state options. 

The other decision is whether to send her next year and her be one of the very youngest in her year or hold her a year? She's certainly mentally ready to move and she has been to a Montessori so I know my wife feels it is about time she started to actually learn to write instead of grate cheese! However, she's so little!