Radiographer UK General and CT Post Grad love to move to Queensland

Sach

Currently serving with the British Army since 20 years as Radiographer. In my last year of service and my wife is a newly qualified secondary school teacher in Science. I have done my PTE test scored 80 overall. In the process to apply to Aphra for skill assessment. Dont know anything after this stage various visa numbers make me dizzy. We also have twins aged 11.  
I hope with some knowledge from this platform we can escape from cold. Please help thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sach said:

Currently serving with the British Army since 20 years as Radiographer. In my last year of service and my wife is a newly qualified secondary school teacher in Science. I have done my PTE test scored 80 overall. In the process to apply to Aphra for skill assessment. Dont know anything after this stage various visa numbers make me dizzy. We also have twins aged 11.  
I hope with some knowledge from this platform we can escape from cold. Please help thanks 

Welcome!

have you looked at what visa you might get and added up the points you can achieve to be eligible. Permanent residency pretty much cuts off at age 45, if you have been in the army 20 years you must be getting up there! Sorry, not meaning to be rude! 🤭

Have a search of the forum it will have lots of information. There is a radiography thread somewhere. @DukeNinja I think it’s you that is a radiographer???

I didn’t think AHPRA did the skills assessments but could be wrong....nursing goes through anmac and we are governed by ahpra once practicing.

If you are unsure what to do or what to apply for maybe consider a consultation with a mara agent to assess your chances. @paulhand or @Raul Senise may be able to assist. If you search for them on here their contact details are in their signatures. A small fee to assess the viability of an application is well worth it. 

Good luck with it all!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sach said:

Radiographers need a skills assessment from the Australian Society of Medical Imagery and Radiation Therapy http://www.asmirt.org.

A skills assessment for your wife may also be a good idea.

45 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

If you are unsure what to do or what to apply for maybe consider a consultation with a mara agent to assess your chances. @paulhand or @Raul Senise may be able to assist. If you search for them on here their contact details are in their signatures. A small fee to assess the viability of an application is well worth it. 

Good idea ...  🙂

you are all beautiful, motivated and helpful bunch. Amber you cheeky sod lol I am 41 and still got 48 months to reach my pensionable age.

Aphra is for radiography and i have all the forms and got all my certifications notarised in blistering wind. Cant wait to escape UK at any cost.  

any advice in terms of after registration with skills  Aphra. can i move to australia on visiting visa and find a job ?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sach said:

you are all beautiful, motivated and helpful bunch. Amber you cheeky sod lol I am 41 and still got 48 months to reach my pensionable age.

Then you will need to hit a narrow window as you can’t be granted a visa until your discharge has happened. 

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sach said:

Aphra is for radiography and i have all the forms and got all my certifications notarised in blistering wind. Cant wait to escape UK at any cost.  

any advice in terms of after registration with skills  Aphra. can i move to australia on visiting visa and find a job ?

See paul above. Ahpra is just the registering body not the skills assessment which  is what I thought.

Points drop off quickly after about 35. 
paul is one of the agents  I mentioned, maybe contact him, time is against you in terms of getting points.

Doubtful you’ll find work when visiting and that would be sponsored by employer which isn’t permanent. 190 or 489 I think it is would be better but paul will see you right.

Paul Hand I am in my last 12 months. Will submit my assessment next week which takes 3 months and clueless after that if that all get smooth. My wife might start her process with teaching assessment. please advice anything else i can do while waiting for this assessment to be completed 

18 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

@DukeNinja I think it’s you that is a radiographer???

Yep, that is me!

@Sach There is AHPRA and there is ASMIRT.

ASMIRT will be the one assessing you degree and your post graduate experience to ascertain that it is equivalent to the Australian standard. This is your "Skills Assessment", which proves to DIBP that your skills meet their criteria of a diagnostic medical imaging radiographer. 

AHPRA is the equivalent of the HCPC. They regulate all health professionals. You only need to do that when you're ready to find a job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

Yep, that is me!

@Sach There is AHPRA and there is ASMIRT.

ASMIRT will be the one assessing you degree and your post graduate experience to ascertain that it is equivalent to the Australian standard. This is your "Skills Assessment", which proves to DIBP that your skills meet their criteria of a diagnostic medical imaging radiographer. 

AHPRA is the equivalent of the HCPC. They regulate all health professionals. You only need to do that when you're ready to find a job.

Thanks. Paul has said this above but think op is mixing the two up and getting the process out of order. 👍

• Like 1