Jump to content
Liam Q

Family law and custody of son

Recommended Posts

Hi I'm seeing if someone can help me . In 2019 i met my partner from being housemates on a working holiday visa from the UK, we had a baby together and was on a 820 partner visa which cost 10,000 dollars ,plus medical testing.

She has a 4 year old with her ex partner and with me starting of as housemates with her , let's just say I didn't like the lifestyle and the people and things she was bringing him round on a daily basis.

Long story short but for 16 months long This women has been horrendous to myself and hurt me ridiculously and now also my son, I put all my eggs in 1 basket for this girl and changed my whole life for her and her son, i have no friends here , no family or nobody here for me and this girl has walked all over me.

I have had to speak to certain lawyers to fight to stay to live in this country with my own son and to get certain documents to fight to get residency here 
She has a very clear drinking problem which she is in total denial of , she was drinking throughout her pregnancy and since my baby has been born been drinking too consistently, as said above I don't want to be in a situation where she is bringing my son around certain people and a lifestyle that I have witnessed myself with her 4 year old son.

One day I was at work and had the babys car seat and pram in my car and she made a total lie up of saying she had a drink with one of the women living down our street , I knocked on this women's door and it was a total lie , this women driven with no baby seat so this alone proves she has a drinking problem, she also has her car licence disqualified due to drink driving. 

Over the 16 months I have written documentwtion of everything that has gone on in our relationship from May 2019 to September 2020 to this day .

I am seeing what rights I have and what pathway I go down to look after my son . I am a good father , I am hardworking, I don't drink, I don't smoke , I don't do drugs . I want the best for my son and I don't want to go a singlSearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need some serious professional advice not joe bloggs opinion on a forum mate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry to hear this Liam. What a terrible situation to be in.  What did your lawyer advise? Is he a migration agent? If not chat with one on here @wrussell @paulhand @Raul Senise would be the best to message. 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Liam Q said:
Hi I'm seeing if someone can help me . In 2019 i met my partner from being housemates on a working holiday visa from the UK, we had a baby together and was on a 820 partner visa which cost 10,000 dollars ,plus medical testing.

She has a 4 year old with her ex partner and with me starting of as housemates with her , let's just say I didn't like the lifestyle and the people and things she was bringing him round on a daily basis.

Long story short but for 16 months long This women has been horrendous to myself and hurt me ridiculously and now also my son, I put all my eggs in 1 basket for this girl and changed my whole life for her and her son, i have no friends here , no family or nobody here for me and this girl has walked all over me.

I have had to speak to certain lawyers to fight to stay to live in this country with my own son and to get certain documents to fight to get residency here 
She has a very clear drinking problem which she is in total denial of , she was drinking throughout her pregnancy and since my baby has been born been drinking too consistently, as said above I don't want to be in a situation where she is bringing my son around certain people and a lifestyle that I have witnessed myself with her 4 year old son.

One day I was at work and had the babys car seat and pram in my car and she made a total lie up of saying she had a drink with one of the women living down our street , I knocked on this women's door and it was a total lie , this women driven with no baby seat so this alone proves she has a drinking problem, she also has her car licence disqualified due to drink driving. 

Over the 16 months I have written documentwtion of everything that has gone on in our relationship from May 2019 to September 2020 to this day .

I am seeing what rights I have and what pathway I go down to look after my son . I am a good father , I am hardworking, I don't drink, I don't smoke , I don't do drugs . I want the best for my son and I don't want to go a singlSearch

Have you considered trying to get child services involved if your son and her other child are at risk?  if there are substantiated concerns, this would (i'm sure) be evidence of why you should be allowed to remain in the country.  Alternatively could you apply for custody?


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm heartened that you've reached out to this trusted Forum, Liam.

I'm sure there will be people hearing your story who want to guide you to the professionals who can get you the right answers as quickly as possible.
I will check in too to see how I can help.

You're doing the right thing - and you're not alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Susan from Moneycorp said:

I'm heartened that you've reached out to this trusted Forum, Liam.

I'm sure there will be people hearing your story who want to guide you to the professionals who can get you the right answers as quickly as possible.
I will check in too to see how I can help.

You're doing the right thing - and you're not alone. 

Thanks so much Susan for your lovely words   as much help would be appreciated 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam,

With the amount of life-experience, professionalism and family members from all around the globe here on PIO, I'm confident there will be new friends who will be happy to do anything they can to guide you. No one wants to see friends suffer - and suffer unnecessarily.
My wise neighbour always tells me, "Good things happen to Good people".  I'm sure there is a lot of good coming your way 🙂

Just hang in there. It's torturous I know, but please stay the course.

Can you tell me which area you're based in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Susan from Moneycorp said:

Liam,

With the amount of life-experience, professionalism and family members from all around the globe here on PIO, I'm confident there will be new friends who will be happy to do anything they can to guide you. No one wants to see friends suffer - and suffer unnecessarily.
My wise neighbour always tells me, "Good things happen to Good people".  I'm sure there is a lot of good coming your way 🙂

Just hang in there. It's torturous I know, but please stay the course.

Can you tell me which area you're based in?

 

I'm based in Wollongong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Susan from Moneycorp said:


With the amount of life-experience, professionalism and family members from all around the globe here on PIO, I'm confident there will be new friends who will be happy to do anything they can to guide you. 

This person has posted in the past and if you look at his other posts, it's clear he needs more assistance than Pomsinoz members are able to give - particularly as he has made it clear he is unable to pay even a small amount for professional advice.

@Liam Q, if you need legal help to challenge custody of your son, here's a link:  https://illawarralegalcentre.org.au/

 

 

  • Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×