Hayleyb_28

My partner and I are wanting to migrate from England to Oz. 
Doing my research I think the best visa option for us 190 state sponsor as my partner is a mechanic and could get 70 points.
HOWEVER I have been in contact with different migrant agents, 1 wants us to apply for two visas at the same time which I have since been told should not be done, 1 said there is no point starting because of the pandemic, the other said to start the ball rolling after 6th October when the updated state skills list will be known, 1 is a lot more expensive than the others in terms of fees and the other is eager to help but I have read bad reviews. 
Feeling a little overwhelmed and would appreciate any help in finding a migrant agent.

thank you ☺️

3 hours ago, Hayleyb_28 said:

My partner and I are wanting to migrate from England to Oz. 
Doing my research I think the best visa option for us 190 state sponsor as my partner is a mechanic and could get 70 points.
HOWEVER I have been in contact with different migrant agents, 1 wants us to apply for two visas at the same time which I have since been told should not be done, 1 said there is no point starting because of the pandemic, the other said to start the ball rolling after 6th October when the updated state skills list will be known, 1 is a lot more expensive than the others in terms of fees and the other is eager to help but I have read bad reviews. 
Feeling a little overwhelmed and would appreciate any help in finding a migrant agent.

thank you ☺️

If you mean applying for the 190 to two different states then they are right, it's not usually a good idea.   A lot of people apply for the state that's easiest to get, with no intention of settling there permanently - as soon as the two years is up, they go to live in the state they really want.  The states hate that, because they've wasted time on someone who's not going to settle, and that person filled a place that might have gone to a genuine settler.    So applying to two states is a red flag to them.

The reason they're advising you to wait till October is to see if mechanic is still on the list.  Occupations are removed every year, and obviously, if mechanic isn't on the list, you'll have wasted any money you've already spent.  You may be willing to risk losing some money for the sake of being ready to jump, but that's up to you.

Always make sure your agent is MARA registered.  There are some agents who are generous with free advice on these forums and I think that's a good sign:  Suncoast Migration and Pinoy Australia are two of them.

I'm concerned that your points score is so low.   For the 189 visa, you would need over 90 points. The 190 is more flexible, depending on what the state is looking for, but I'd still think 70 is low.  An agent will check to make sure you've calculated correctly.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely look into Suncoast and Pinoy. 
I was thinking that myself because I’m confused as to how other mechanics could get 90 as he appears to score high on most things:
(this is how it was explained to us)

Age 30 years old- 30 Points

skill assessment -10 points

Work experience, 12 years- 15 points

partner with UK passport- 5 points

english test- 10 points 

5 hours ago, Hayleyb_28 said:

I’m confused as to how other mechanics could get 90 as he appears to score high on most things:

Most applicants will work hard to score highly enough on the English test to get 20 points in that section. If the partner has a skills assessment for the same visa , that’s an extra 5 points. Remember you are also competing with onshore applicants, who will have onshore work experience and often onshore qualifications, all of which add to the scores. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Most applicants will work hard to score highly enough on the English test to get 20 points in that section. If the partner has a skills assessment for the same visa , that’s an extra 5 points. Remember you are also competing with onshore applicants, who will have onshore work experience and often onshore qualifications, all of which add to the scores. 

Ok fair enough, that makes sense now.

I actually visited the suncoast website earlier and left a general enquiry ☺️

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2020 at 19:04, Hayleyb_28 said:

im currently going through the process for a 190 visa as a mechanic, if you are looking for a good migration agent i would recommend the down under centre. They are based in london and they are amazing. Especially when it comes to skills assessment, they give you a portal and you get lots of units to fill out with pictures from your current workplace like jobs you've done etc.I have my interview on wednesday to speak to someone from the australian college about how i would diagnose faults etc and then i will receive my qualification for skills assesment. 

On 19/09/2020 at 17:13, Hayleyb_28 said:

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely look into Suncoast and Pinoy. 
I was thinking that myself because I’m confused as to how other mechanics could get 90 as he appears to score high on most things:
(this is how it was explained to us)

Age 30 years old- 30 Points

skill assessment -10 points

Work experience, 12 years- 15 points

partner with UK passport- 5 points

english test- 10 points 

English tests holds key points and on top NAATI extra 5 if u caN score