register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Gary102

491 visa processing time

Hi All,

I’m currently in the EOI stage on the 491 visa. I think the process is currently closed due to the Covid situation.

Can anyone provide some info on this please. 

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, Gary102 said:

Hi All,

I’m currently in the EOI stage on the 491 visa. I think the process is currently closed due to the Covid situation.

Can anyone provide some info on this please. 

Cheers 

If you are offshore and don't have a "critical" occupation there is not much happening. The States have very limited capacity at the moment and this is generally being directed to onshore applicants.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

I know you can’t definitely give a time scale but do you know when they will start processing the visas again? 

thanks 

1 minute ago, Gary102 said:

I know you can’t definitely give a time scale

True

1 minute ago, Gary102 said:

but do you know when they will start processing the visas again

when they start relaxing the travel restrictions ... but the backlog and/or pent up demand is building all the time.

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

I put in an EOI yesterday for a 491 state Tasmania, on the chance someone may read it and send me an invite!

I cant see anything happening until next year, Oz PM Morrison said he cant see international borders being open until summer 2021 and as mentioned above there will be a backlog, which is why I stuck my EOI in now.

10 years plus as a social worker with 70 points (my misses is going to do an English test so can get that boosted up to 80 points this year) , long shot I know but I'm keeping my fingers crossed Social Workers maybe needed and it may get put on the critical workers list possibly.

good luck!

1 hour ago, Jonny Curran said:

my misses is going to do an English test so can get that boosted up to 80 points this year

This won't score you an extra 10 points unless she also has a positive skills assessment for an appropriate occupation and she doesn't currently qualify for 'competent' English through her passport.

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd