482 & PR options - agent recommendation - ICT skills

SG-S83

Hi All,

Anyone got a good migration agent recommendation for a thorough consultation? Any agent I have spoken to so far has been very vague, possibly due to Covid uncertainty. Everyone seems to be understandably waiting for the new skills list to be released. Also would like to hear from anyone who has used an agent for a skills assessment before, specifically through ACS for IT skills. 

Background: I'm on a 482 (ICT Business Analyst -MLTSSL) and we were planning on moving states before Feb but feel very uncertain about what the skills list will look like for future PR which is putting us off moving. My company have said they will offer 186 ENS visa option after my 482 expires but, although I feel valued in my company, I don't want to completely rely on them should things change and would like to explore 190 visa but my skill only currently appears on some state sponsorship lists. 

Thanks, in advance. 

S. 

Currently the occupation is on the MLTSSL and the latest Skilled Migration Occupation review does not list it as an occupation recommend for change.

The State sponsored migration programs are currently very limited and only inviting on shore applicants in limited occupations.

That said, one of my clients just received a NSW invite in the occupation of ICT Business Analyst

The reality is that, currently there is much uncertainty in the Migration program and no one will honestly be able to give you definitive answers for a future application next year.

On 22/06/2020 at 21:23, Ausvisitor said:

You don't there is a direct entry scheme (visa 186) that allows them to sponsor you without local experience

Thank you Raul for your detailed answer. So, to clarify, ICT Business Analyst is not indicated as a skill that is likely to be removed from the MLTSSL list at this stage? I think that is my biggest worry - if we leave it too late to apply for PR the skill may be removed in the meantime. 

As I have several years remaining on my 482 I guess I just need to wait and see what my options are when things have settled down a bit....

7 hours ago, SG-S83 said:

Thank you Raul for your detailed answer. So, to clarify, ICT Business Analyst is not indicated as a skill that is likely to be removed from the MLTSSL list at this stage? I think that is my biggest worry - if we leave it too late to apply for PR the skill may be removed in the meantime. 

As I have several years remaining on my 482 I guess I just need to wait and see what my options are when things have settled down a bit....

The reality is nobody knows at the moment. There were rumours of some significant changes to the system prior to Covid. It is probably now inevitable and there are likely to be significant changes to the skilled lists depending on how the recession and unemployment pan out. 

22 hours ago, SG-S83 said:

It is not flagged on the latest Skilled Migration Occupation review document. Be mindful however that these are unprecedented times and anything could happen to the migration program going forward.

22 hours ago, SG-S83 said:

If your intention is to apply for PR at some stage, you should look to apply as soon as you can qualify due the the uncertainty going froward.