Pet to Uk without flying (overland)

Tracybee

Hi all. 
I have a boxer cross that I’m going to be taking back to the UK as soon as I can. 
I want to see if anyone has taken a pet home either in cabin or overland? Is this even possible? 
with her being boxer cross a lot of  the airlines won’t fly her and unless I can have her in the cabin with me, flying is not an option. 
Any help or advise most welcome. 

I think you are going to struggle. In all my years on this forum ive yet to read of anyone who brought a dog overland, they have been quite a few families who have flown them over but i wouldnt imagine you will be able to have your dog in the cabin with you.

If you have a look through this section of this forum you will see a few threads from people who have flown Boxers/ snub nose breeds, Pet Air seem to be highly recommended as i think they use certain routes thats better for your dog. This thread may be a good start for you - 

3 hours ago, Tracybee said:

Hi all. 
I have a boxer cross that I’m going to be taking back to the UK as soon as I can. 
I want to see if anyone has taken a pet home either in cabin or overland? Is this even possible? 
with her being boxer cross a lot of  the airlines won’t fly her and unless I can have her in the cabin with me, flying is not an option. 

The UK does not allow pets to be flown into the country in the cabin.

Is your dog small enough to fly in the cabin?  If so, you could look at flying to a European city, then going overland from there.  However, most airlines won't allow dogs in the cabin if the flight is longer than 8 hours, so you'd need to get to Europe in a couple of shorter hops.  

https://www.dogjaunt.com/guides/international-airline-pet-policies-for-in-cabin-travel/

You are allowed an "emotional support dog" on flights into the US - I don't know if you'd feel comfortable persuading a doctor to certify the dog as such...

If you can get to the US, the Queen Mary 2 accepts dogs on the cruise from New York to Southampton.  I believe it's the only cruise ship that accepts dogs. However, due to Covid, I'm not sure when her next cruise will be.

Edited by Marisawright

5 hours ago, Tracybee said:

Hi all. 

How old is she?

Cunard have cancelled the 2021 world cruise on QM2, 2022 on sale now, also I'm 99.9% certain that dogs are only allowed on the transatlantic crossing, New York/Southampton/New York.  Very limited numbers, stay in kennels, owners are able to visit, very well looked after by the Cunard crew.

Edited by skippy2009