Pet shipping from Manchester?

Bethan

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to move to Aus next August, and taking my lovely little cat with me.

We've done the rabies vacs and got her serology certificate, I now just need to pick a pet shipper to help with the rest!

I've heard good things about Golden Arrow, and had a reassuring chat with them, my only problem is that I am in the north of England, only about an hours drive from Manchester airport, so would much rather go from there if possible! I have unfortunately not found many pet shippers that fly out of Manchester, the few I have been in touch with just don't seem too keen on gaining my custom (perhaps due to current covid restrictions, but it doesn't give me much confidence in them).

Has anyone flown any pets from Manchester? If so, which pet shipper did you use and were there any problems?

Thanks all!

9 hours ago, Bethan said:

Hi everyone,

We've done the rabies vacs and got her serology certificate, I now just need to pick a pet shipper to help with the rest!

I've heard good things about Golden Arrow, and had a reassuring chat with them, my only problem is that I am in the north of England, only about an hours drive from Manchester airport, so would much rather go from there if possible! I have unfortunately not found many pet shippers that fly out of Manchester, the few I have been in touch with just don't seem too keen on gaining my custom (perhaps due to current covid restrictions, but it doesn't give me much confidence in them).

Has anyone flown any pets from Manchester? If so, which pet shipper did you use and were there any problems?

Thanks all!

Hi Bethan, we used PetAir, they don't fly pets out of Manchester but they pick up your pet from wherever you live in the UK. They picked our cat up from Derbyshire to take down to Heathrow. Their customer service is very impressive.

Hi AliQ,

Thanks for your reply, I've heard good things about PetAir too, I just felt like Golden Arrow had a more personal touch 🙂

I think I'll just have to get into the mindset that we will be going from Heathrow. I'm just extra worried about all the flight changes etc at the moment too - if we were going from Manchester we could stay with nearby family should anything go wrong, not so easy if we go to Heathrow 😬

When did your cat travel? How did they seem on the other side?

• 3 weeks later...

When we moved to Australia, we used Jets4Pets to fly our two cats here, we were in North Yorkshire, and the cats were picked up there, then across to Manchester, and flown out here from there.  Jets4Pets were brilliant, and so helpful, and the cats arrived in good shape, and were well treated all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comment about Jets4Pets @Juditta I had actually contacted them earlier this year but wrote them off as they weren't great at replying to my emails or answering my queries.. It was probably because of everything happening with COVID that's caused them disruption but thats why I want to use a pet travel agent - to make sure if there are any last minute changes they can handle it.

How long ago was it you moved?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bethan, sorry bit late replying, we moved to Queensland from the UK early September 2019......so everything was still normal then, and I am sure this covid problem is causing all sorts of delays now.   When we used Jets4pets, they were really very efficient, and very good at promptly responding to phone enquiries, our two cats arrived in Australia in very good shape, and were well looked after in quarantine in Melbourne.   It is a worrying time having to leave your pets, and know they have a long journey ahead of them, and can't explain to them what's going on.   Good luck with your move 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 14/09/2020 at 19:59, Bethan said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks all!

We used Golden Arrow for our dog an they were brilliant ( last minute panic over lost blood test ) We lived in the North East and they took our boy to thier kennels without a hitch