489 visa expiring Jan 2021 is there any way i can Emigrate?

lynney45

thanks to all your responses. This has been really frustrating to us all after spending a lot of money, time and effort we are left with nothing.
Though I will be able to rebook the tickets at a later date (without an additional cost except the fare difference which is very common), what is concerning is that if they don't extend our visas, how can we fulfil the residency requirement (let us say we managed to IED)? What are our visa options after 489 is finished but not eligible for 887?

On 09/03/2021 at 04:30, Bamboo_lee said:

I wonder what he means by conditionality of temporary visas. Appreciate that the objective is to drive migrants to regional areas but could conditionality mean stricter conditions around that? I thought the 491 visa already addressed this. 

2 hours ago, martl_2001 said:

I wonder what he means by conditionality of temporary visas. Appreciate that the objective is to drive migrants to regional areas but could conditionality mean stricter conditions around that? I thought the 491 visa already addressed this. 

He could be talking about 482 visas.  Also, the areas classified as "regional" might be reviewed?

48 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

He could be talking about 482 visas.  Also, the areas classified as "regional" might be reviewed?

Hmm yes you could be right especially as he mentions metropolitan areas struggling with demand. So perhaps more capitals and major cities will be removed from the regional list.