Lee Blowers

Transferring money to England

hi everyone 

Any good recommendations for a company to move our money from Australia to England when we move back in a few months  ??

How much do they charge etc ??

Thank you

Lee Blowers 

Moneycorp or Transferwise.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Have a chat with @Susan from Moneycorp they do a fee free service for Pomsinoz members. You get to speak to a real person rather than a foreign call centre. We moved ours with Moneycorp 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Have a chat with @Susan from Moneycorp they do a fee free service for Pomsinoz members. You get to speak to a real person rather than a foreign call centre. We moved ours with Moneycorp 

I mean I'm splitting hairs but surely the people in the "foreign call centre" are also a "real person"?

2 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I mean I'm splitting hairs but surely the people in the "foreign call centre" are also a "real person"?

I think she also means that it's a real member of Moneycorp's foreign exchange staff.  Whereas though the person in a foreign call centre is a real person, they are not a real foreign exchange person, they're just an operator reading answers off a screen.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Hi everyone ~

Always happy to have a chat and see how we can help: we're all expats who have made the move ourselves and been in the same position exchanging our money, buying/renting homes, schools, families etc. We've also been in the Banking industry for decades.

Our office number is: (Sydney) 0414 838586

• Like 1

On 05/09/2020 at 06:48, Ausvisitor said:

You wouldn’t think so, when they read from a script.
TransferWise are great for small quick transactions and when things that don’t go wrong but personally when we moved our money from the sale of the house the only people I trusted it with was Moneycorp 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.