309 partner visa - child not yet with citizenship

Samsamsam

Hi Guys,

Aussie posting here with a British husband and British 10 month old son (haven't applied for his Aussie citizenship yet). Just got to the part of the 309 partner visa application where it asks about members of the family unit. 

I had planned to do a separate citizenship application for my son who is 10 months old, which is only a few hundred dollars.

I'm worried that if I list my son on the partner visa application, that I'll end up having to pay a bigger fee (looks like it's ~$9K instead of ~$8K).

I don't know how to describe my son on the partner visa application in this case? Do I just leave him off? Does he come under the 'non migrating members of the family unit? Copied the definitions from the immi.gov website.

I'm only a few pages into the application and already finding it to be a pain...!!!

Thank you 🙂

Migrating members of the family unit

List only members of your family unit who are applying to migrate with you.  Do not list your Australian citizen family members or Australian permanent resident family members.

Non-migrating members of the family unit

List all members of your family unit who are not applying to migrate with you. This includes your Australian citizen family members.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

He’s not a citizen yet (will be applying soon), that will take a few months to come through. In the meantime I’d like to proceed with my husbands partner visa application, so not sure about if my son needs to be named in either of those two sections of the partner visa form (migrating member, non migrating member, or either).

Any advice on that?

cheers