Administration Jobs in Adelaide

Kavi09

Hello I am looking to find out about the timescale in which I may be able to secure an administrator job in Adelaide once having move there? Me and my husband have a permanent residence visa. This will be my first job in Australia however I have worked in many administrative positions in the UK where I am currently living. Any sort of guidance and support will be greatly appreciated. 

12 hours ago, Kavi09 said:

Hello I am looking to find out about the timescale in which I may be able to secure an administrator job in Adelaide once having move there? Me and my husband have a permanent residence visa. This will be my first job in Australia however I have worked in many administrative positions in the UK where I am currently living. Any sort of guidance and support will be greatly appreciated. 

This may help:  https://www.seek.com.au/jobs-in-administration-office-support/in-All-Adelaide-SA

I would usually advise people to have a financial buffer of 3 to 6 months while they look for work, just in case.  For administration roles, employers can often receive 300 applications for a position. 

Adelaide can be a hard job market, but it depends on many factors such as what you do, what you are willing to do, your attitude and approach, your skills set and obviously your covering letter and resume you submit for the advertised job.

There are some areas of employment in Adelaide that are booming and others are struggling.  Some people will find work very quickly others it can take months.

Hi Jessica 

Thank you for the above response that's very good to know. At the moment we might be looking to go either Adelaide or Perth. We are considering Perth as well, so if you have any advise on how to go about getting an administrator job in Perth and how long that may take then that would also be a great help. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 15:49, Kavi09 said:

Hi Jessica 

Thank you for the above response that's very good to know. At the moment we might be looking to go either Adelaide or Perth. We are considering Perth as well, so if you have any advise on how to go about getting an administrator job in Perth and how long that may take then that would also be a great help. 

I am based in Adelaide and the job market within Adelaide is my area of expertise, so I am not able to advise on Perth.