Jeyes Fluid

Aussiebird

Just a quick question,

I have just cleaned all of our shoes that are going in the shipping container and then sprayed with Jeyes Fluid, do we have to do the same for the shoes we pack in our suitcases?

The packers arrive tomorrow morning so would like to know asap please,

Thanks in advance xx

5 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Just a quick question,

I have just cleaned all of our shoes that are going in the shipping container and then sprayed with Jeyes Fluid, do we have to do the same for the shoes we pack in our suitcases?

The packers arrive tomorrow morning so would like to know asap please,

Thanks in advance xx

Yes, I would. We recently arrived back here, and whilst going through customs, I was asked about the trainers in our suitcases, and if they had been cleaned. The staff could see the thick soles of them them on the X Ray machine. Good luck.

I hate Jayes if you are happy to have everything smell of it fine.  I just scrubbed with detergent (nice smelling) and water. As long as all traces of dirt are removed you will be fine.  They inspected our hiking boots and bikes with no issue.

But yes anything coming in no matter how needs to be cleaned 

Just clean them up as best you can. Milton sterilisation fluid works pretty well without the smell of Jeyes. 
they weren’t really interested in our day to day shoes when we moved over just things like walking boots, golf shoes, rugby boots etc