457 visa runs out in February

Jocky

Hi, I’m on a 457 4 year visa which runs out in February, I’m now 53 years old, we have been unable to submit PR documents in as yet, I can’t say the reason but it’s do do with the employer, is there any COVID extension available or am I looking at being told to leave the country from February?

38 minutes ago, Jocky said:

Hi, I’m on a 457 4 year visa which runs out in February, I’m now 53 years old, we have been unable to submit PR documents in as yet, I can’t say the reason but it’s do do with the employer, is there any COVID extension available or am I looking at being told to leave the country from February?

If you're already in the country, then how is Covid making any difference to your application?  I hope you have engaged your own migration agent rather than just relying on the employer's agent.  You need someone who is representing your interests at this critical time.  After all, at your age, it will be your last chance to get PR. 

Edited by Marisawright

21 hours ago, Jocky said:

There is no automatic extension of any visa due to Covid. 

You need to apply for another visa before your visa expire or you will become unlawful.

There are likely to be changes to the visa program by February next year.