Resident Return Visa Document Upload

JMcW89

Hi Guys, 

Hoping for some assistance. has anyone lodged and RRV using the online application process.  I have filled mine and my wife's out to the point where they are 'Ready to submit' however I have not been able to (no option) to attach our passports (or any documents).

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Josh

Hi good to know you got instant approval. Can you please throw somemore light on your case. My travel facility expirea Nov2020 and not sure if we can fly.

1. Can I apply for RRV right away before expiry of the existing travel facility

2. How did u establish ties back in Australia - i do have bank account open and transferred some savings there - not sure if that is valid doc

3. Any other advise or suggestion of recommedation so that I will apply right away

4. Turnaround time from Homeaffairs and did u mention any specific reason for applying RRV

Thanks

1 minute ago, Expatriate123 said:

Hi good to know you got instant approval. Can you please throw somemore light on your case. My travel facility expirea Nov2020 and not sure if we can fly.

1. Can I apply for RRV right away before expiry of the existing travel facility

2. How did u establish ties back in Australia - i do have bank account open and transferred some savings there - not sure if that is valid doc

3. Any other advise or suggestion of recommedation so that I will apply right away

4. Turnaround time from Homeaffairs and did u mention any specific reason for applying RRV

Thanks

If the OP got an automated grant straight away, they would have met the 2 years in the previous 5 years residence requirement and would not need to have demonstrated substantial ties. In which case, based on your other posts, their situation is very different to yours. In your situation:

1. Yes, and you should

2. Your ties must be "substantial" and "of benefit to Australia"

3. Speak to a registered migration agent to look at the specifics of your situation

4. "Up to 12 weeks" if you don't meet the residence requirement

1 minute ago, paulhand said:

If the OP got an automated grant straight away, they would have met the 2 years in the previous 5 years residence requirement and would not need to have demonstrated substantial ties. In which case, based on your other posts, their situation is very different to yours. In your situation:

1. Yes, and you should

2. Your ties must be "substantial" and "of benefit to Australia"

3. Speak to a registered migration agent to look at the specifics of your situation

4. "Up to 12 weeks" if you don't meet the residence requirement

Thanks Paul for the info - I know you have been providing guidance in other posts as well. I will initiate the RRV appln right away.

I do not meet the 2years criteria unfortunately - so only can prove that I have been accumulating certain savings in OZ bank account which I will be spending for our living -not sure if they will view this as beneficial for Australia

I will reach out to you separately

Just one more query - if I apply for RRV, whilst my current travel facility is valid and a decision on RRV is negative before my travel facility expires, I should still be able to get into Australia - right?

31 minutes ago, Expatriate123 said:

Just one more query - if I apply for RRV, whilst my current travel facility is valid and a decision on RRV is negative before my travel facility expires, I should still be able to get into Australia - right?

Until your current visa expires, yes.

Hi Expatriate123, 

Paul is right, we met the resident requirements so the application was very straightforward. 

I think the best option would be to speak to a migration agent.  We used one for our initial migration to Australia and they took all of the confusion and uncertainty away. Definitely worth the additional costs.

Thanks

Josh

57 minutes ago, JMcW89 said:

Hi Expatriate123, 

Paul is right, we met the resident requirements so the application was very straightforward. 

I think the best option would be to speak to a migration agent.  We used one for our initial migration to Australia and they took all of the confusion and uncertainty away. Definitely worth the additional costs.

Thanks

Josh

Thanks 

The issue is I never used an agent during original application. I did it myself.

4 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Completely agree 

I need some serious advise and help and will approach one

Good idea. Note that Paul, who replied above, is an agent.

I'd agree that you need one.  If you met the 2 year requirement then it would be no bother.  But the fact that you don't, AND you can hardly call a bank account "strong ties", means you're on very shaky ground and need an expert to help you get across the line.

23 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Good idea. Note that Paul, who replied above, is an agent.

I'd agree that you need one.  If you met the 2 year requirement then it would be no bother.  But the fact that you don't, AND you can hardly call a bank account "strong ties", means you're on very shaky ground and need an expert to help you get across the line.

Thank you for the note

I am aware of Paul - also noted some positive responses on him. Wikl get in touch soon with him