Jump to content

Student Visa 500 to remaining relative visa 835 BVA

Recommended Posts

I currently hold a student visa 500, for Vocational Education and Training Sector, expiring on Mar 2022, My plan is to complete an English course and then proceed to TAFE course.

I also applied for the remaining relative visa and got the acknowledgement letter, immigration department also sent me the Bridging Visa A (BVA) and will be in effect when my student visa 500 expired.

My questions are:

  1. I didn’t pass the English course on time and I properly cannot complete my TAFE by Mar 2022.  Do I need to inform Immigration Department and extend my student visa? Or, I can just let the visa expire and continue my course under the Bridging visa A?
  2. If I change my mind and do other courses, do I need to inform Immigration and make any changes on the student visa, I am going to stay here under BVA, after student visa expire, I don’t know how it works 
  3. If I change my mind and don’t want to study, can I just stop my study and do sth else? I don’t have plan to depart Australia in next 50 years, and I am okay not to take any any social benefit such as Medicare. Will there any effect on my student visa and BVA? 

Thanks for any advice, much appreciated.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

How will you support yourself? Do you have work rights on the visa?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now