Help needed! Skills assessment question

Sabs

Hi all,

My brother is interested in applying for the 190 visa. However, one of the registered agents he's contacted is saying that his skills assessment won't be successful based on the following details -

1) He has an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering

2) He doesn't have work experience related to his undergrad degree. Instead, he worked for 9 years in the field of Information Technology Networking.

3) The agent said that my brother would have to go through ACS assessment and not Engineers Australia because his degree and work experience don't match.

4) The agent also mentioned that the ACS requires documents like government tax record, employment reference letter and payslips (he has all except the tax record).

5) Due to lack of the tax document, the ACS will reject his application since it's apparently compulsory to show this specific evidence.

We're a little confused by all this and any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sabs said:

Hi all,

My brother is interested in applying for the 190 visa. However, one of the registered agents he's contacted is saying that his skills assessment won't be successful based on the following details -

2) He doesn't have work experience related to his undergrad degree. Instead, he worked for 9 years in the field of Information Technology Networking.

3) The agent said that my brother would have to go through ACS assessment and not Engineers Australia because his degree and work experience don't match.

4) The agent also mentioned that the ACS requires documents like government tax record, employment reference letter and payslips (he has all except the tax record).

5) Due to lack of the tax document, the ACS will reject his application since it's apparently compulsory to show this specific evidence.

Thanks!

If it was a Mira agent that said as such then I’d take it as correct.  Why doesn’t he have the necessary tax document?

On 14/08/2020 at 18:00, Sabs said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

What country is your brother tax resident in? If it's UK, America, Canada, Australia or anywhere else in Europe the tax record is easy to get from the tax office.

If he's not been paying tax though them it's a bit harder to get in that circumstance