Flights to Perth

palaceboy1

On 06/11/2020 at 08:32, palaceboy1 said:

We have two daughters and families living in the Northern Suburbs so will be living their initially. Things have been very stressful for the last year getting the visa and arranging the move alongside COVID ,  it has been a welcome relief getting our body clocks on Perth time and a lot of rest . Luckily we have always got on well after working together for 30 years . 
So one more sleep and we are out , good luck for Tuesday

Awesome man, enjoy time with your family and welcome to Perth.

• 2 months later...
On 14/08/2020 at 12:17, ali said:

You may already know that you need the G2G pass to travel to Perth - it's difficult to say about flights until the premier decides to open the boarders to international travelers fully.  At the moment numbers are restricted to 525 passengers per week for WA.

Would this G2G pass be required for travellers flying from UK to Melbourne with a stop over in Perth? As in, just a flight transfer, not actually leaving the airport. 

Edited by bicek

On 14/08/2020 at 13:39, mrsmac said:

Due to fly out on 02 September and it was cancelled 2 weeks ago. Yes, it is possible that the BA one will also be cancelled. As you say Aussiebird, it is scandalous the way some airlines are cancelling flights and then re-instating them days later at inflated prices. With Perth allowing only 575 passenger arrivals each week, they cannot all be flying in. The Qatar A380 from Doha into Perth can seat 517, although perhaps that are separating passengers. There is limited information in this regard. Nightmare.

Do you know which airlines are doing this? That's so awful. So basically, anyone getting a good deal on flights is probably highly likely to have their flights cancelled on the basis their fight was cheap. Looking for a cheap flight is almost a pointless exercise?!

On 28/08/2020 at 01:15, rammygirl said:

A family are now stranded in UK after selling home as flights were cancelled at last minute and their cats are already en route!  Who has tens of thousands of dollars to fly a family first class in these times.  Time this was sorted. 

This is my worst nightmare. We will be potentially in that exact scenario - I am really hoping things calm down later in the year so we are not faced with this. 

On 04/11/2020 at 22:36, FOL said:

I am in quarantine as we speak as well. Quite impressed with the good process they have in place. Took me a bit less time to het to the hotel, 3 hours or so.

@palaceboy1, you have just migrated to here? That is an interesting first experience. Good luck as a new resident when you get out.

How did you get on with your return flight? Which airline did you fly back with, and did you have to go business/first class? 

On 30/01/2021 at 14:31, bicek said:

This is my worst nightmare. We will be potentially in that exact scenario - I am really hoping things calm down later in the year so we are not faced with this. 

It would be nice not to have to blow £15k on Business class :(.  Once my house sale goes through I will be booking flights for September. probably with Qatar based on everyone#s comments.

14 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It would be nice not to have to blow £15k on Business class :(.  Once my house sale goes through I will be booking flights for September. probably with Qatar based on everyone#s comments.

Are you planning to book business class or going to risk economy? 

I'm a little worried about flights with a stop in Singapore or UAE as both of those are no go zones at the moment and they won't let you through. Which is likely to change but could just as easily still be the case later in the year. I'm wondering about taking a direct qantas flight with no stops. Just to minimise that risk. Qantas are flying again from July and flights are available to book. But whether that's a good idea or not... I was hoping to fly with Singapore Airlines but not sure anymore. So confused 😂

1 hour ago, bicek said:

Are you planning to book business class or going to risk economy? 

I'm a little worried about flights with a stop in Singapore or UAE as both of those are no go zones at the moment and they won't let you through. Which is likely to change but could just as easily still be the case later in the year. I'm wondering about taking a direct qantas flight with no stops. Just to minimise that risk. Qantas are flying again from July and flights are available to book. But whether that's a good idea or not... I was hoping to fly with Singapore Airlines but not sure anymore. So confused 😂

Qantas would be ideal, but unless anything significant changes I don't see them adding that direct route back this year.  Emirates and Qatar though are not like other airlines, they are less worried about cash and more about long term marketing.  I think Dubai will work something out in the coming months, and Emirates and Qatar are the best bet.

I think I will be trying economy first, then book Business later if necessary.  It's just so much flipping money!

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Qantas would be ideal, but unless anything significant changes I don't see them adding that direct route back this year.  Emirates and Qatar though are not like other airlines, they are less worried about cash and more about long term marketing.  I think Dubai will work something out in the coming months, and Emirates and Qatar are the best bet.

I think I will be trying economy first, then book Business later if necessary.  It's just so much flipping money!

Qantas are advertising the direct flights to Perth at the moment from July onwards - why do you think they won't reinstate those? Is there a logic to them reinstating other flights in favour of that particular route?

I hadn't thought about that strategy in terms of Qatar/Emirates. It's an interesting point and well worth factoring in. Although I'm aware Qatar have been cancelling/bumping people's flights, so nothing is a guarantee. It's just frustrating that it is all such an unknown at this point, makes planning very tricky!

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Qantas would be ideal, but unless anything significant changes I don't see them adding that direct route back this year. 

I've just done a bit more research on qantas flights and see what you mean now. They're advertising these on the basis international travel will be back up and running by July. I can't see that happening. So yes, they'll most likely cancel the flights. 

So Qatar, Emirates and Singapore seem the only likely options then. I was keen to lock in flights in the next month or so but might hold out for a bit longer to see how things are transpiring. 

11 minutes ago, bicek said:

I've just done a bit more research on qantas flights and see what you mean now. They're advertising these on the basis international travel will be back up and running by July. I can't see that happening. So yes, they'll most likely cancel the flights. 

So Qatar, Emirates and Singapore seem the only likely options then. I was keen to lock in flights in the next month or so but might hold out for a bit longer to see how things are transpiring.

Singapore I would prefer, but at the moment we cannot transit Singapore and I'm not sure when that stops.  Better to choose somewhere which already allows it imo, and Qatar are allowing full transit to and from anywhere on their network.

Qatar are also waiving all fees for change or refund if you book before end of April and fly before end of Dec, which is quite appealing.  Should a better option come up, you want to be able to take it.

On 30/01/2021 at 22:17, bicek said:

Would this G2G pass be required for travellers flying from UK to Melbourne with a stop over in Perth? As in, just a flight transfer, not actually leaving the airport. 

I don't think you can transfer, you have to do the 14 days quarantine in the state you land in first, so your taken straight from the plane to the hotel

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2021 at 15:36, bicek said:

We just bought direct flights for to Perth for October  with Quantas today!!! It was very scary but we decided to gamble it, it is impossible to predict what would happen so the only thing to do now is to keep our fingers crossed...

• Like 2

On 10/02/2021 at 21:01, Ausimi said:

We just bought direct flights for to Perth for October  with Quantas today!!! It was very scary but we decided to gamble it, it is impossible to predict what would happen so the only thing to do now is to keep our fingers crossed...

I have my fingers crossed that the Qantas flights go ahead for you. Did you book standard economy?

It's very tempting to book something now but we are holding off until our pet gets a place in quarantine and then we will know what date to aim for. 

21 hours ago, bicek said:

I have my fingers crossed that the Qantas flights go ahead for you. Did you book standard economy?

It's very tempting to book something now but we are holding off until our pet gets a place in quarantine and then we will know what date to aim for. 

Yes we book economy; it seems ages until October so we are just hopping things change soon! Prices are going up slightly, like at normal rate on normal times... maybe you could wait until July to see if flights are re started? We couldn’t sit tight just because it was one of the few things in our list we could tick off!!! 
it is crazy not to be able to plan anything at the moment!!! 
good luck to you too!!

On 17/02/2021 at 15:26, Ausimi said:

Yes we book economy; it seems ages until October so we are just hopping things change soon! Prices are going up slightly, like at normal rate on normal times... maybe you could wait until July to see if flights are re started? We couldn’t sit tight just because it was one of the few things in our list we could tick off!!! 
it is crazy not to be able to plan anything at the moment!!! 
good luck to you too!!

Have you seen Qantas annoucement yesterday that they will not be running international flights into Australia until after 31st October? Is your flight booked before this? 

1 hour ago, bicek said:

Have you seen Qantas annoucement yesterday that they will not be running international flights into Australia until after 31st October? Is your flight booked before this? 

Yes! We had an email this morning! Our flights are for the week before!!!! 
I don’t know what to think; is this a good news??? 

2 minutes ago, Ausimi said:

Yes! We had an email this morning! Our flights are for the week before!!!! 
I don’t know what to think; is this a good news??? 

So did they send you a flight cancellation or have they offered to change your booking to a November date?

They have delayed international flights until the predicted vaccine rollout is complete in Australia. They're trying to time it with that I presume. Not sure if that means November onwards dates are likely to go ahead or not. It's too early to say at this point. 

Hope you get your flights sorted ok if they need amending. 

3 hours ago, bicek said:

So did they send you a flight cancellation or have they offered to change your booking to a November date?

They have delayed international flights until the predicted vaccine rollout is complete in Australia. They're trying to time it with that I presume. Not sure if that means November onwards dates are likely to go ahead or not. It's too early to say at this point. 

Hope you get your flights sorted ok if they need amending. 

We had an other email with instructions to re book or get a refund, we managed to re book for the First week of November! Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ausimi said:

We had an other email with instructions to re book or get a refund, we managed to re book for the First week of November! Fingers crossed 

That's great it was straightforward. Really hoping that by then the airlines will all be a little more reliable. Fingers crossed for you. I am holding out on booking flights still, but hoping I can book something in a couple of months. 

1 minute ago, bicek said:

That's great it was straightforward. Really hoping that by then the airlines will all be a little more reliable. Fingers crossed for you. I am holding out on booking flights still, but hoping I can book something in a couple of months. 

It is al a quimera but it does feel good to have the flight booked!! Hopefully for you in few months it will be a bit more certain! Good  luck 

• Like 1