The unanswerable question

Ausvisitor

I realise that the exact answer is no one really knows yet as it's under constant review...

However, have Australia (or selfishly NSW) given any initial thoughts on how long quarantine is going to be in place for, or a date when they intend to formally review the policy?

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I realise that the exact answer is no one really knows yet as it's under constant review...

However, have Australia (or selfishly NSW) given any initial thoughts on how long quarantine is going to be in place for, or a date when they intend to formally review the policy?

Obviously it is totally dependent on the covid situation in x months.

While there are still coronavirus cases widespread across the rest of the world, the quarantines for international travellers wil remain in place.  Australians are looking enviously at New Zealand and we're not in any hurry to let outsiders in, even if it is hurting our tourism industry. 

There may be some easing of restrictions in January but that's probably just for international students, who have already paid through the nose for their courses. 

If you live in Victoria or NSW you might be looking enviously at NZ. If you are in WA life is almost back to normal and has been for a few weeks. Even during the worst lockdown measures our beaches were never closed, people were out and about, social distancing or trying to and I've never seen so many people doing exercise who hadn't done any for a long time. People on bikes on the bike path wobbling all over, running into fences, mostly parents with kids telling them to hurry up.

Pubs, clubs, restaurants open as normal, hardly a mask in sight, went to the footy (eagles game) yesterday with my wife. Packed on the train and in the pub before and after the game. Still limiting numbers at the game but nearly 20'000 there yesterday, on a cold wet day.

We know we are very lucky, hardly any cases, no transmission. We can't travel to other states or internationally and interstate, international people can't come in. We are moving in to spring and summer soon though so I'm more than happy for the premier to keep the tough rules in place.

• Like 1