Want to submit a Visitor Visa 600, however when we're all ready to submit the application it asks for for us to upload the required travel document etc. But under the help section ? next to this it outlines some guidelines which I'm not sure if actually indeed required or a guide. Below is what it states when I click the ? for more information.

"Travel Document

Provide evidence of your travel document. This may include a certified copy of the personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page. This is the page of the passport which shows the name and date of birth, passport number, issue and expiry date, and photograph of the holder."

Being in USA, not all states permit certified copies except you go a certain route. We went to get certified but the banker who does the notarization for us refused to state the standard "This is a true copy of the original document, sighted by me [name], [signature], [date], [qualification you have to certify documents" etc. They claimed it was according to State law etc that they can't. So here it seems Australia requires it and the state in USA refuses it. Many other qualified certifiers or notaries are not doing this due to covid and so it's really put a spanner in the works.

Question for anyone that knows or those that have submitted this visa and been approved. Is it required or were you required to certify a copy of your travel document?

And when you applied for the exemption also, do we have to certify all the evidence like marriage licence, kid's passports, birth certificates etc?

Thanks.

Edited by TruthSeeking