482 visa - AHPRA expiry

Elmurph

Hey! Sorry this is a little bit messy but just looking for some guidance. I am an Irish doctor. I had been workingin Perth from August 2019 until March 2020 on a 482 visa but unfortunately had to travel home in light of the pandemic (my employers in Perth were supportive of this). Unfortunately my visa was cancelled. I have had to go about the entire process from scratch again, however I was already provisionally registered with AHPRA from last year. I have applied for a new visa and exemption to travel, sponsored by the same employers. Unfortunately my provisional registration is due to expire soon, will most likely be expired before anybody looks at my visa application. I have applied for renewal of my provisional registration and have been assured by AHPRA that this should be granted without any issues. I have spoken to an agent in AHPRA who says that my registration will still remain "in force" while my renewal is considered (will take approximately 6 weeks). I have requested an official letter from AHPRA stating this. My question is do you think it would be possible to have my visa approved when my AHPRA registration is technically expired? I have attached a statement explaining that I've applied for renewal and that my registration is still in force.

• 4 months later...