186 Visa External Auditor : Registration requirement

Sunveer

Hi everyone,

I'm applying 186 visa Direct entry stream at the moment.I have question regarding  Registration/Licensing. However, becoming a Registered Company Auditor is totally a long process.So need to confirm do we need any registration or license to apply as an external auditor for 186 visa. As I have already got my skill assessment and 3 years work experience. 

Please advise. Its really important

The law says:

”If it is mandatory, in the State or Territory in which the position to which the application relates is located, that a person:

(a)  hold a licence of a particular kind; or

(b)  hold registration of a particular kind; or

(c)  be a member (or a member of a particular kind) of a particular professional body;

to perform tasks of the kind to be performed in the occupation to which a position relates, the applicant is, or is eligible to become, the holder of the licence, the holder of the registration, or a member of the body, at the time of application.“

Edited by paulhand

1 hour ago, Sunveer said:

Yea but if my company has a registration then why would i need that as to get the registration for external auditor is lengthy process and can take years to get it

The visa description on the immigration website is quite explicit in stating, that if you need registration in the state you intend to live in then you will need it to apply.

I can see why, a 186 is a PR and so as soon as you get it you can leave your employer

I get that, but when visa is lodged , the applicant is expected to be the employer for at least 2 years. On my research i have figured out that if you working with a firm and firm have the registration then you can apply as no one actually has the license or registration unless one is planning to start its own business or firm. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 29/04/2021 at 10:15, Kennichi said:

Hi @Sunveer, may I ask how it worked out for you? I am in a very similar situation and hope you could shed some light on this as there is very limited info on the topic.

hi @Kennichi i saw that you successfully obtained PR, so congrats!! Can you pls provide more information on this topic for me as well? Do I need registration to apply for 186 as an external auditor? Because the ANZSCO website says that I do but i have been working for my employer for a while and havent heard that i needed one to do audits? thank you

8 hours ago, LLLLc said:

hi @Kennichi i saw that you successfully obtained PR, so congrats!! Can you pls provide more information on this topic for me as well? Do I need registration to apply for 186 as an external auditor? Because the ANZSCO website says that I do but i have been working for my employer for a while and havent heard that i needed one to do audits? thank you

If the Department of Immigration says you MUST have registration to get a visa, then you MUST have registration.   That is the Department's decision and has nothing to do with what employers require in the real world.