Which airlines?

Aussiebird

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Singapore airlines is flying from London to Perth at all?

Also, is Etihad asking for passengers to provide a negative result for covid test like Emirates are?

What sort of prices are people seeing recently for one way flights to Perth? Not sure if we should book now and see what happens?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

I know that Singapore Airlines is still flying into Perth, but they are restricting arrival numbers. Our Premier is having a wee stooshie over border control with a Queensland based mining magnate just now, so everything could change. Be aware that WA is charging upwards of $2,500 for 14 days enforced hotel isolation on arrival.

Of the three airlines you mention, personally I would fly with Singapore every time, if only to visit the beautiful Changi Airport. Make sure you have a few hours there to enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

Is anyone finding that when you are checking for flights to Australia, it appears you can go ahead and book a flight online. However, I was checking flights London to Perth with Singapore airlines which showed availability from 1st October,  but when i called the airline, they said flights were only from london to Singapore,  not onward to Perth,  so could not transit through Singapore!!

I am really trying to find a bloody, simple flight to Perth from London, but there must be flights that pass through other countries on the way??

Who has successfully booked a flight online to Perth please? It seems Qantas and Qater are flying but does that include transiting too?.

Getting desperate now!!😭😭😭

30 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Is anyone finding that when you are checking for flights to Australia, it appears you can go ahead and book a flight online. However, I was checking flights London to Perth with Singapore airlines which showed availability from 1st October,  but when i called the airline, they said flights were only from london to Singapore,  not onward to Perth,  so could not transit through Singapore!!

I am really trying to find a bloody, simple flight to Perth from London, but there must be flights that pass through other countries on the way??

Who has successfully booked a flight online to Perth please? It seems Qantas and Qater are flying but does that include transiting too?.

Getting desperate now!!😭😭😭

Qatar have continued to fly throughout the pandemic, they’re a very good airline. I wouldn’t consider booking with anyone else

11 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

Qatar have continued to fly throughout the pandemic, they’re a very good airline. I wouldn’t consider booking with anyone else

Thanks for the recommendation.   I have been looking on Facebook with the Qatar comments from people within the last 5 weeks and the booking reviews/experiences are not good, alot of people saying they are taking your money after booking a flight and people are not getting refunds etc....connecting flights cancelled but your not told until you get to Doha airport, leaving people stranded etc.....doesnt give me any confidence to book with them at all.  Most other airlines flying to Perth;  Qantas, Singapore,  Emirates have no flights now till Oct/Nov time.  Singapore are charging £1300 pp for a one way flight in October!! 

It's like getting stung over and over again, which ever way you turn😡😡😡😡

Edited by Aussiebird

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Thanks for the recommendation.   I have been looking on Facebook with the Qatar comments from people within the last 5 weeks and the booking reviews/experiences are not good, alot of people saying they are taking your money after booking a flight and people are not getting refunds etc....connecting flights cancelled but your not told until you get to Doha airport, leaving people stranded etc.....doesnt give me any confidence to book with them at all.  Most other airlines flying to Perth;  Qantas, Singapore,  Emirates have no flights now till Oct/Nov time.  Singapore are charging £1300 pp for a one way flight in October!! 

It's like getting stung over and over again, which ever way you turn😡😡😡😡

I wouldn't rely on Qantas flying internationally anytime soon, there have been suggestions that they might not start until 2021.

• Like 1

Qatar say they are flying 4 flights a week still.  I guess you might get stuck in Doha for a bit, but there are probably worse airports to get stuck in, they should put you in a nice hotel.

To be fair to the airline it must be difficult with the changing entry requirements to book flights at all, and I can believe they booked people only to find the numbers they are allowed by the AU govt are lower.  Did the facebook comments resolve if they got to Au in the end?

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Qatar say they are flying 4 flights a week still.  I guess you might get stuck in Doha for a bit, but there are probably worse airports to get stuck in, they should put you in a nice hotel.

To be fair to the airline it must be difficult with the changing entry requirements to book flights at all, and I can believe they booked people only to find the numbers they are allowed by the AU govt are lower.  Did the facebook comments resolve if they got to Au in the end?

Qatar have got terrible reviews at the moment, will just have to wait a bit longer and see how the situation is mid August. 

6 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Qatar have got terrible reviews at the moment, will just have to wait a bit longer and see how the situation is mid August. 

In the present climate whichever airline you book with might code share and you could still end up flying Qatar out of Doha if that's the only route available.  We've flown emirates and it's code shared with Qantas for example.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

It’s not going to change at all as borders aren’t opening till at least January. 

Qatar is getting more bad reviews about refunds etc because they’re flying more flights than the others, not because they’re any worse in that regard

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

I flew Qatar last year and couldn't fault them at all.  Would have them above Qantas, BA or Emirates.

I know lots of others who said the same.

They were pretty good when my mother changed plans to travel in March.  No problems issuing a credit voucher valid for 2 years even though the flight still went.

Doha airport is an easy one to navigate too.

The bigger issue you will face is the limitations on arrivals by the government.  I think Perth is at 525 per week and can't see it changing anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Collie said:

I flew Qatar last year and couldn't fault them at all.  Would have them above Qantas, BA or Emirates.

They were pretty good when my mother changed plans to travel in March.  No problems issuing a credit voucher valid for 2 years even though the flight still went.

The bigger issue you will face is the limitations on arrivals by the government.  I think Perth is at 525 per week and can't see it changing anytime soon.

I still prefer Emirates, but Qatar are a close second.

2 hours ago, Collie said:

So if you pay for a flight and its cancelled by the airline, do they just use the money already paid by us to pay for another flight?  We havent got the funds to keep paying for new flights and waiting for previous refunds.

Yes the cap is a big problem!  But totally understand why it is in place.

3 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

So if you pay for a flight and its cancelled by the airline, do they just use the money already paid by us to pay for another flight?  We havent got the funds to keep paying for new flights and waiting for previous refunds.

Yes the cap is a big problem!  But totally understand why it is in place.

If it’s cancelled by the airline and they can’t offer you an alternative within a short timeframe (not exactly sure but it’s something like a few days) then they have to refund you if that’s what you want as they’ve withdrawn the service you paid for. Be aware though that in these current times they have so many cases to deal with it’s taking forever.  To give you an idea,  I had a flight booked to Australia at the end of March which was cancelled. I was refunded by the airline but it took a long time, my refund came back three days ago!  It didn’t bother me, I knew I’d get it eventually but that may be a problem if you need the money to book another flight. Nothing you can do about it though. If you booked with a credit card you can try and claim it back from them but they are taking just as long.  That was my plan B and I waited to see who managed it first and it was the airline. I did get £50 from my credit card provider though as a gesture of goodwill as my claim was taking so long which was nice. Plan C was my travel insurance but that’s even harder as they only tend to pay out on non recoverable costs and cancelled flights are recoverable. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Collie said:

We also like Qatar

6 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

If it’s cancelled by the airline and they can’t offer you an alternative within a short timeframe (not exactly sure but it’s something like a few days) then they have to refund you if that’s what you want as they’ve withdrawn the service you paid for. Be aware though that in these current times they have so many cases to deal with it’s taking forever.  To give you an idea,  I had a flight booked to Australia at the end of March which was cancelled. I was refunded by the airline but it took a long time, my refund came back three days ago!  It didn’t bother me, I knew I’d get it eventually but that may be a problem if you need the money to book another flight. Nothing you can do about it though. If you booked with a credit card you can try and claim it back from them but they are taking just as long.  That was my plan B and I waited to see who managed it first and it was the airline. I did get £50 from my credit card provider though as a gesture of goodwill as my claim was taking so long which was nice. Plan C was my travel insurance but that’s even harder as they only tend to pay out on non recoverable costs and cancelled flights are recoverable. 

By law they probably should refund. Try getting your money back though and you're more likely to get an offer of another flight within the next year. Which is what we had to accept, rather than lose a lot.

Does anyone know if scoot airlines are flying to Perth from Singapore? I have been informed that Scoot do not have their September schedule  yet so no flights can be booked for that journey, my reason asking is that I have been on the phone to Qatar who tell me they can book a flight from Singapore to Perth on 14 September, but it seems a bit dodgy as Scoot do not have a published schedule yet for September??

Should I avoid this booking??

I am surprised Qatar can book such flights with Singapore airlines anyway????

TIA XX