You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

starlight7

Will you still come?

Given that migration has more or less ground to a halt during the pandemic are you still planning to soldier on and come ( eventually ) or have you given up and decided to stay put ?

I already have my PR and made my first entry last year. I was all set to move there by Aug/Sep of this year but i have put things on hold for a while as i don't want to travel as soon as flights start to operate. 

We are planning to move in ~ September 2021 now, or a year later than planned.  Dependencies are selling the house (probably listing in September to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday which on our house is worth £15k to a buyer), and the WA economy not being buggered.

PR (100) Plans on hold but moving to Perth eventually!

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We are planning to move in ~ September 2021 now, or a year later than planned.  Dependencies are selling the house (probably listing in September to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday which on our house is worth £15k to a buyer), and the WA economy not being buggered.

I should say my family are all citizens and I have PR validated last year with until November 2023 to move.

We managed to sell our house in the pandemic for a decent price and complete on the 13th of August.  Currently we are considering waiting out a month or two on a Greek island (possibly Samos) and then hoping Thailand or Bali will open up and stay there for a bit until Melbourne opens.  As far as I can see on facebook forums everyone is being bumped off flights unless they pay exorbitant fare prices.  Also, PR visa entry date is by 21st January and hopefully we will make it in on time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slackbladder said:

We managed to sell our house in the pandemic for a decent price and complete on the 13th of August.  Currently we are considering waiting out a month or two on a Greek island (possibly Samos) and then hoping Thailand or Bali will open up and stay there for a bit until Melbourne opens.  As far as I can see on facebook forums everyone is being bumped off flights unless they pay exorbitant fare prices.  Also, PR visa entry date is by 21st January and hopefully we will make it in on time.

Not sure that Thailand would be a good option. I have a friend living there and he daren’t leave because he says he wouldn’t get back in at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There are moments however when it all seems like too much to start all over again.  Pfff.

• Like 2

We are going for it, it's now or never, we've come this far to give up now. 😉😉

• Like 6

On other news, we have someone who wants to buy our house, they just need to sell theirs first.  Not going to get too excited at this stage.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

On other news, we have someone who wants to buy our house, they just need to sell theirs first.  Not going to get too excited at this stage.

Thats great!!

On 05/08/2020 at 14:58, Jon the Hat said:

Join us on the road to nowhere.....🤣

So long as you’re not looking at Victoria everything should be fine. I think the rest of Australia are doing ok though NewSouth is a bit dodgy.