Will you still come?

starlight7

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

It is pretty disgusting that some can buy their way in. It should be all in or none in and nothing to do with how much money you have. Rich people still get sick and infect others.

It’s the way of the world I’m afraid that money and power talks.  Someone like me will be waiting in turn for a vaccine and then in turn to be able to travel subject to restrictions. I’m quite sure that a member of the royal family or some rich superstar would manage to get a vaccine before me if they wanted to and I’m sure they would be able to buy their way into a country too.   

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It’s the way of the world I’m afraid that money and power talks.  Someone like me will be waiting in turn for a vaccine and then in turn to be able to travel subject to restrictions. I’m quite sure that a member of the royal family or some rich superstar would manage to get a vaccine before me if they wanted to and I’m sure they would be able to buy their way into a country too.   

They probably already have! C’est la vie as they say.

Is there an example of someone buying their way in?  Aside from if you can afford a first class ticket you are much less likely to get bumped from a flight?  I think you would still need to have Citizenship or a passport.

On the vaccine front in the UK there will be no provision of private vaccines - only the NHS will have access to the 370 Million + the government are buying.  I suppose there may be other channels.

Edit:  Seen the Adam Hills thread - if you have an issue with Airlines trying to keep themselves flying by selling the First Class tickets first I think you have to look to the Government to change the rules.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1