Sign in to follow this  
Guest kali02

Animal Import Permit - Aus contact details

Guest kali02

Hi - can I ask those of you who've imported pets to Australia what you did to provide the required Aus contact address and telephone number?

Can I use the details for a friend but my name? :unsure:

Seems like a really silly requirement seeing as many of the people importing pets will be migrants who, when applying for a permit several months before moving, are unlikely to have Aus contact details! :wacko:

Guest MandyJB

Hi Kali02

I have only just arrived over here with my daughter to go to uni. My husband and daughter and 2 cats will arrive later. As soon as I know what my husband is going to put on the import permit I will let you know. If I have my permanent address by then I will let you know and you can use my address.

Mandy

Guest Aggie

You should be fine using friends detail's.I used my sister in laws when i brought my dog over no problem.

Aggie

Hi, you can use your friends address no problem at all. If anyone is struggling for an Oz address let me know and you can use mine. It is a silly requirement though.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest kali02

Thanks for the replies and the volunteering to let us use your address!! Most kind :)

We have a friend in Sydney that we are considering asking. As we're going to Melbourne, he may not be the best option so we will be in touch if he is unable to help!

Thanks again,

K :D