G2G pass inquiry

Aussiebird

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

We have parked it until next September ish;  Just becuase quitting my well paid job in this period of uncertaintly doesn't feel very sensible!  We will look to market the house in September this year with a view to renting for 6-9 months as needed.  Much easier to move then.

I think i'd do similar in that position, particularly with the security of jobs to hold on to.

16 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

So many different comments, now Emirates are wanting covid test done before flying, as if it's not hard to get to WA as things are, they make it even more difficult!! Give us all a break and give us some good news, this move is costing more and more by the month, on top of the cost of the Partner Visa!!😡😡😡😡

I feel for you and I know it must be gutting after all the effort you've put in, but maybe it would be wiser for your husband to do his validation trip, and then sit tight in the UK until this all blows over.  Sure, the validation trip will cost money, but it's only one air fare plus quarantine.     If you all go now, you'll be paying top dollar for everyone's air fares, quarantine for everyone, shipping at more expensive prices than usual - and then, because the economy is in a mess, you could both be out of work for months.   Whichever way you do it there will be financial pain, but I reckon your husband making his trip and coming back to his steady job will cost you less in the long run and be less stressful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I feel for you and I know it must be gutting after all the effort you've put in, but maybe it would be wiser for your husband to do his validation trip, and then sit tight in the UK until this all blows over.  Sure, the validation trip will cost money, but it's only one air fare plus quarantine.     If you all go now, you'll be paying top dollar for everyone's air fares, quarantine for everyone, shipping at more expensive prices than usual - and then, because the economy is in a mess, you could both be out of work for months.   Whichever way you do it there will be financial pain, but I reckon your husband making his trip and coming back to his steady job will cost you less in the long run and be less stressful.

Trust me I have thought about that, but who knows what next year could be like, could be worse if the virus is still around, house prices could crash etc etc......we have sold our house so if we waited, we would have to live with inlaws and our belongings would go into storage which we will have to pay for, for god knows how long until we eventually get there, but with no idea, its quite a gamble and a costly one etc....

We have thought about so many scenarios! 

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Trust me I have thought about that, but who knows what next year could be like, could be worse if the virus is still around, house prices could crash etc etc......we have sold our house so if we waited, we would have to live with inlaws and our belongings would go into storage which we will have to pay for, for god knows how long until we eventually get there, but with no idea, its quite a gamble and a costly one etc....

We have thought about so many scenarios! 

This is exactly the scenario we find ourselves in now @Aussiebird 🙄 House sale completed, living with my parents and all our belongings packed up ready to ship to Tassie but in storage here in the UK.  Without my pr 100 being activated by the inital entry date feeling the pressure to try and move this year assuming I can be granted facility to travel by DHA.

1 minute ago, Heading4Tassie said:

This is exactly the scenario we find ourselves in now @Aussiebird 🙄 House sale completed, living with my parents and all our belongings packed up ready to ship to Tassie but in storage here in the UK.  Without my pr 100 being activated by the inital entry date feeling the pressure to try and move this year assuming I can be granted facility to travel by DHA.

I think there are many people in our situation! Have you booked flights yet ir been looking? We might book with Singapore airlines.  

34 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

I think there are many people in our situation! Have you booked flights yet ir been looking? We might book with Singapore airlines.  

I have seen a few online. Wish i had at leadt been able to do my validation trip but flights were cancelled.

We had been looking at Qatar and Asiana in October but also looked at Singapore today.  Waiting also to see if Tassie will open their borders to NSW as we cannot fly via Melbourne atm though who knows what the situation will be in a couple of months.Not sure if it means we will have to do quarantine in both places...? Looks like we do have to do quarantine where we arrive in Oz. I have to book flights before I can apply to DHA for the travel facility too.

Edited by Heading4Tassie
spelling

16 minutes ago, Heading4Tassie said:

I have seen a few online. Wish i had at leadt been able to do my validation trip but flights were cancelled.

We had been looking at Qatar and Asiana in October but also looked at Singapore today.  Waiting also to see if Tassie will open their borders to NSW as we cannot fly via Melbourne atm though who knows what the situation will be in a couple of months.Not sure if it means we will have to do quarantine in both places...? Loos liek we do have to do quarantine where we arrive in Oz. I have to book flights before I can apply to DHA for the travel facility too.

If your flights were cancelled for you to validate, was there a problem with your visa? I was under the impression if not activated you lost the visa or the travel part of it and had to see if it could be applealed?  I think this is a worry for many of us who haven't activated yet.

2 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

If your flights were cancelled for you to validate, was there a problem with your visa? I was under the impression if not activated you lost the visa or the travel part of it and had to see if it could be applealed?  I think this is a worry for many of us who haven't activated yet.

I have been told I need to apply to DHA when ready to travel and they will look at issuing a travel facility for me to travel (having not validated by the inial entry date) my actual 100 visa is valid until 4 June 2024. It is a worry though having spent so much time and money so far and no specific offical notice re this on the DHA website.

2 hours ago, Heading4Tassie said:

I have been told I need to apply to DHA when ready to travel and they will look at issuing a travel facility for me to travel (having not validated by the inial entry date) my actual 100 visa is valid until 4 June 2024. It is a worry though having spent so much time and money so far and no specific offical notice re this on the DHA website.

Hopefully, the fact that you have evidence of cancelled flights will be helpful - it will show that you had been about to activate your visa and through no fault of your own were unable to validate.

• 2 weeks later...

We now have flights booked for 14th September.   Not sure if we should apply again for g2g passes now or leave it for another couple of weeks?  🤔🤔

What if they are not approved and our flights are imminent, i have read people who didn't even know about the passes and still flew, they did the passes when they arrived.

Many thanks.

Xx

On 29/07/2020 at 20:37, Heading4Tassie said:

How do you contact DHA, do you have the details please? I might have to do the same.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

How do you contact DHA, do you have the details please? I might have to do the same.

Many thanks.

@Aussiebird you have to contact the department of DHA that issued your visa. I went back through our visa agent Concept Australia the reply came from the permanent partner team which can be contacted on email qld.pp.processing@homeaffairs.gov.au or Ph: 131881 

On 11/08/2020 at 01:04, Aussiebird said:

We now have flights booked for 14th September.   Not sure if we should apply again for g2g passes now or leave it for another couple of weeks?  🤔🤔

What if they are not approved and our flights are imminent, i have read people who didn't even know about the passes and still flew, they did the passes when they arrived.

Many thanks.

Xx

Were they let into WA?

19 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

I read that no one was turned away at the airport. X

Might be worth the risk if you can't get an exemption - although I guess if they do a check they'll see you applied and were declined - wondering if the others you mention didn't apply and pleaded ignorance?

9 hours ago, ali said:

Might be worth the risk if you can't get an exemption - although I guess if they do a check they'll see you applied and were declined - wondering if the others you mention didn't apply and pleaded ignorance?

I'm not sure but have never read or heard of anyone being turned away.

2 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

I'm not sure but have never read or heard of anyone being turned away.

I was just wondering because you said that people turned up but didn't know about the passes .. but you know about them and have already applied.