G2G pass inquiry

Aussiebird

I'm just going through the form online and it doesn't state what documemts have to be uploaded, apart from evidence of identity, but in the form of Birth certificate etc? ......

Also, on the first page, it gives a box to write anything to support your application? What sort of things should I write about?

Many thanks!! Xx

I have just been reading a facebook page for the G2G pass and I am extremely worried that many, many people are having difficulty entering WA even if they do not live in Australia,  but are citizens etc.....

Some people are saying they have had to apply twice or more for the pass because it keeps getting rejected and some people have flights booked and may not be able to fly!

Rejections are because not submitting enough evidence or documentation?  What is it that is required then in terms of documents etc...,

Our house sale is going through and we could be exchanging and completing in 4-6 weeks, so if we apply for the passes and they get rejected for whatever reason, how on earth can we move to Australia? 

Once we move out of our home, we are hoping to fly asap after, but now we don't want to book flights incase the passes are rejected!!

With international arrivals to WA restricted, it seems it's getting harder and harder to migrate.  My husbands Partner Visa could now be a waste of time and money,  he may not even be able to activate it if we cant get passes and flights, then what??

People who already live in Australia but are abroad for what ever reason, are freaking out because there G2G passes keep getting rejected and they need to get home!!!

What chance do we have now?  I am so stressed i literally feel like I'm going to have a breakdown!😭😭😭😭😭

Is anyone else struggling with G2G passes??

Anyone please do you have any information on the G2G pass please?

it would seem that anyone with a Partner Visa and emigrating could have the pass rejected due to it being classed as non essential travel,  but what if visa hasn't been activated yet? Is that classed as non essential travel then when youve paid $7000 for the visa?😡😡😡

All you can do is apply now and see what happens. Try not to waste energy catastrophising.

Your passports and evidence of your visas are obvious for documents. Talk about the fact that you are returning permanently to live and that your house in the UK is being sold so you have no home there 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Can you provide a link to that G2G Facebook page?   

Sadly, the Federal government's attitude is that people "have had plenty of time to return home" (the Prime Minister said so in a recent press conference).  The feeling seems to be that if people have managed to delay their travel this long, then they must have somewhere reasonably comfortable to stay overseas and wait out the crisis.   

You and I know that's not reasonable but unfortunately, there aren't enough people in that situation (even though I'm sure there are thousands) to make a dent.  The government has other priorities, and keeping the borders closed is good for votes.  So I don't see them bending any time soon.

I'd say, apply now but also make some contingency plans.  Options that I can see:

Perhaps you should go back to Plan A (your husband does an activation trip).   This might be the most sensible option, as these restrictions are likely to continue for another year, and unemployment is sky-rocketing in Australia - so it might be wise to stay in the UK and hold on to your secure jobs in the meantime.

I know your heart is set on WA but could you consider going to another state?  Each state has its own border rules, and you may find other states are not so strict.  Maybe look at Geelong in Victoria or Newcastle in NSW, or Brisbane.

@AliQ, is this going to affect you?

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Sadly, the Federal government's attitude is that people "have had plenty of time to return home" (the Prime Minister said so in a recent press conference).  The feeling seems to be that if people have managed to delay their travel this long, then they must have somewhere reasonably comfortable to stay overseas and wait out the crisis.   

You and I know that's not reasonable but unfortunately, there aren't enough people in that situation (even though I'm sure there are thousands) to make a dent.  The government has other priorities, and keeping the borders closed is good for votes.  So I don't see them bending any time soon.

I'd say, apply now but also make some contingency plans.  Options that I can see:

Perhaps you should go back to Plan A (your husband does an activation trip).   This might be the most sensible option, as these restrictions are likely to continue for another year, and unemployment is sky-rocketing in Australia - so it might be wise to stay in the UK and hold on to your secure jobs in the meantime.

I know your heart is set on WA but could you consider going to another state?  Each state has its own border rules, and you may find other states are not so strict.  Maybe look at Geelong in Victoria or Newcastle in NSW, or Brisbane.

Morning Marisawright, no, this will not affect us, we're going to settle in Queensland.  After 28 lovely years in WA we just want a change 😊

Edited by AliQ
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ramot said:

Hope everything is ok and you get a flight xM

Thanks ramot. Yes, we have our flight booked, this will be our fourth date change by the airline,  so fingers crossed this one does depart !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Thanks Marisa for the reply.

Unfortunately another state is not an option as it would just complicate things even further.

I'm just going to apply for the passes and see what happens. My concern though is whether or not my husband goes to activate his visa will still be at risk because he still needs to go to Australia to activate and if they refuse the pass, then he would lose his visa status, so they must be able to let him in on the grounds of his visa activation surely??

There must be many more people in our sutuation who need to activate Partner Visas, if there stopping people doing this then they shouldn't be granting Visa's at the moment.

24 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

My concern though is whether or not my husband goes to activate his visa will still be at risk because he still needs to go to Australia to activate and if they refuse the pass, then he would lose his visa status, so they must be able to let him in on the grounds of his visa activation surely??

As I've said before, there is no need for him to go to WA if it's just an activation visit.   Check out what the rules are for the other states.  I was surprised to hear that permanent residents and citizens required a pass to enter WA, as I'm pretty sure most other states don't have that restriction.    They have restrictions on people crossing from other states but not, AFAIK, from overseas.  It's worth checking. 

But obviously, if you can get the passes approved, then you won't have to worry.  However I would look into your other options because you need a Plan B. 

P.S. You might want to mention on the form that he is at risk of losing his visa if your family is not able to travel before a certain date, as that may carry some weight.

Edited by Marisawright

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

As I've said before, there is no need for him to go to WA if it's just an activation visit.   Check out what the rules are for the other states.  I was surprised to hear that permanent residents and citizens required a pass to enter WA, as I'm pretty sure most other states don't have that restriction.    They have restrictions on people crossing from other states but not, AFAIK, from overseas.  It's worth checking. 

But obviously, if you can get the passes approved, then you won't have to worry.  However I would look into your other options because you need a Plan B. 

P.S. You might want to mention on the form that he is at risk of losing his visa if your family is not able to travel before a certain date, as that may carry some weight.

Alot of people are getting confused with the pass.  It states on the G2G pass website that anyone over the age of 18 must apply for a pass to enter WA whether from overseas or interstate, under 18's can go on either parent application. If you are just going to Australia but NOT WA, then passes are not required. 

I suppose plan B would be to activate in another state, but he will have to pay for quarantine too, then if we all go at a later time, have to pay for quarantine again and that's just not possible financially,  so not in a win win situation!

We are going to apply and hope for the best.

Xx

45 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Alot of people are getting confused with the pass.  It states on the G2G pass website that anyone over the age of 18 must apply for a pass to enter WA whether from overseas or interstate, under 18's can go on either parent application. If you are just going to Australia but NOT WA, then passes are not required. 

I suppose plan B would be to activate in another state, but he will have to pay for quarantine too, then if we all go at a later time, have to pay for quarantine again and that's just not possible financially,  so not in a win win situation!

We are going to apply and hope for the best.

Xx

Didn't someone post on another thread that due to the pandemic - initial entries could be waivered?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Seems daft only applying it to skilled visas during this time. 🤷‍♂️

I assume it is because in theory under some others you qualify for the excemption so can travel, whereas they have been clear from the start that temp visa holders should stay away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Doesn't appear to apply to a 309/100.  Worth asking the department perhaps?

It's everyone over the age of 18 travelling to WA.

Ours were rejected straight away, so will have to try again, can't believe all the grief of getting the visa now have to have this pass too, but its no guarantee to let you into WA!!.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean fair enough if you have PR then you in theory at least can enter Australia, but for other Visa types it makes no sense.

So many different comments, now Emirates are wanting covid test done before flying, as if it's not hard to get to WA as things are, they make it even more difficult!! Give us all a break and give us some good news, this move is costing more and more by the month, on top of the cost of the Partner Visa!!😡😡😡😡

Jon the Hat, when do you intend to make the move, are you flying to WA this year?

49 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

So many different comments, now Emirates are wanting covid test done before flying, as if it's not hard to get to WA as things are, they make it even more difficult!! Give us all a break and give us some good news, this move is costing more and more by the month, on top of the cost of the Partner Visa!!😡😡😡😡

Jon the Hat, when do you intend to make the move, are you flying to WA this year?

Do you have to apply under a specific exemption?  

3 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

It sounds like a horrible situation for you and I cant imagine how stressful it must be. But I also fully agree with the testing by Emirates and the border restrictions in Australia and WA given we are in the midst of the worst Global pandemic in a century.

15 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

We have parked it until next September ish;  Just becuase quitting my well paid job in this period of uncertaintly doesn't feel very sensible!  We will look to market the house in September this year with a view to renting for 6-9 months as needed.  Much easier to move then.

• Like 2