Marisawright

Losing Online Friends

42 minutes ago, ali said:

I used to have those too when I was younger - still in touch with my pen pals mum on FB (he doesn't use it), and also pen pals I had in my 20's

My Rhode Island pen pal and I have never lost touch.  We started writing to each other when we were 12 years old.  We have met a few times over the years.  I've not met my other two pen pals also from my school days.  One is in Jamaica and the other in South Africa.  Still write to each other a couple of times a year and email whenever we have news which isn't as often as when we were younger.  We are all very mature ladies now and are not leading as exciting lives as we used to.  😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toots said:

My Rhode Island pen pal and I have never lost touch.  We started writing to each other when we were 12 years old.  We have met a few times over the years.  I've not met my other two pen pals also from my school days.  One is in Jamaica and the other in South Africa.  Still write to each other a couple of times a year and email whenever we have news which isn't as often as when we were younger.  We are all very mature ladies now and are not leading as exciting lives as we used to.  😄

I'm particularly close to my friend in New Jersey - she's really a family friend now, we've met up in the states a few times, i've not enticed her to Australia yet, but I hope to one day

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows