You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi all,

My husband needs 79+ in the PTE exam so as to claim 20 points. He's in the midst of attempting the exam soon. My question is that, in case he gets, say 60+, can he go ahead with the EA skills assessment with this score, and while that is being processed, he continues to attempt PTE to achieve 79+ for the EOI stage?

Thank you!

Yes, as long as his occupation isn’t one that needs the test as part of the skills assessment 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sabs said:

Hi all,

My husband needs 79+ in the PTE exam so as to claim 20 points. He's in the midst of attempting the exam soon. My question is that, in case he gets, say 60+, can he go ahead with the EA skills assessment with this score, and while that is being processed, he continues to attempt PTE to achieve 79+ for the EOI stage?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Yes, as long as his occupation isn’t one that needs the test as part of the skills assessment 

And so long as you only claim the points he is entitled to at that moment in time (rather than what they'd be if he got the 79+). You can always update the EOI later if he gets a better mark in a subsequent test

14 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

And so long as you only claim the points he is entitled to at that moment in time (rather than what they'd be if he got the 79+). You can always update the EOI later if he gets a better mark in a subsequent test

The OP states prior to lodging EOI 

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

The OP states prior to lodging EOI 

Actually try re-reading they never actually state prior to EOI, they do imply it though.

My reply is factually correct, they can continue to retry the PTE they just can't assume they would pass it and put in the EOI for the hoped result