register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron2310

state nomination query

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but my partner is thinking about withdrawing his visa for a 489 and applying for a 491. The 489 is still in process

He contacted migration SA and asked if he withdrew his visa is there a time frame he needs to wait to apply again for state sponsorship. They just sent the paragraph from the website which we read. I understand state sponsorship isn't guaranteed however does anyone know if there is a time frame he needs to wait. I emailed them again but I've not had a reply yet. The last reply was -

The requirement is 1.3.7. If you withdraw your VISA application we may not be able to offer you another nomination.

Thanks 

Why does he want to do that? What advantages does he think that will give him?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

52 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Why does he want to do that? What advantages does he think that will give him?

he will be applying onshore for his visa

40 minutes ago, Cameron2310 said:

How does he propose to enter the country?

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

6 hours ago, Cameron2310 said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but my partner is thinking about withdrawing his visa for a 489 and applying for a 491. The 489 is still in process

He contacted migration SA and asked if he withdrew his visa is there a time frame he needs to wait to apply again for state sponsorship. They just sent the paragraph from the website which we read. I understand state sponsorship isn't guaranteed however does anyone know if there is a time frame he needs to wait. I emailed them again but I've not had a reply yet. The last reply was -

The requirement is 1.3.7. If you withdraw your VISA application we may not be able to offer you another nomination.

Thanks 

Hi

I’m not sure about if there are any consequences retracting a 489 for a 491, but I thought the 491 programme was closed for the time being?
Or is that just for offshore candidates? Are you onshore?

7 hours ago, Cameron2310 said:

How? Tourists are not allowed to enter. The border is closed.