You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Expatriate123

Migration travel with Coronavirus

Hi need some guidance. My travel facility on my PR189 visa expires in Nov2020. Although I am planning to fly down to Australia after sometime late Aug2020 when the virus situation is expected to be under control. However, I just heard some news that some flights will put a hold on all flying to Australia. And also few middle eastern flights have been asked to limit the economy passenger to a very small number and so prices are now sky rocketted. 

Any one with travel plans soon, please share / advise, if no flights then hiw do we plan to travel to be within the due date.

There are still flights, but yes they at be expensive and you need to factor in you will need to spend 14 days in quarantine, which I believe now must be paid for by yourself 

18 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Hi need some guidance. My travel facility on my PR189 visa expires in Nov2020. Although I am planning to fly down to Australia after sometime late Aug2020 when the virus situation is expected to be under control. However, I just heard some news that some flights will put a hold on all flying to Australia. And also few middle eastern flights have been asked to limit the economy passenger to a very small number and so prices are now sky rocketted. 

Any one with travel plans soon, please share / advise, if no flights then hiw do we plan to travel to be within the due date.

All flights now have limits on the number of people they can carry, not just those from the Middle East. And this is likely to continue until well into next year, if not longer. 

On 19/07/2020 at 20:30, Expatriate123 said:

Hi 

All incoming passengers are monitored and most States have now capped how many per week are allowed in. There are still flights, just not as many and at inflated costs. If you have a read through this thread there are a few people in a similar situation to yourself so you may find it answers some of your questions - 

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...