Highly Skilled 189 Agent Recommendations

Billie Jean

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a skilled migration agent to deal with my 189 visa application. I have an issue and I need expert on point advice...

I just got an invite to lodge my visa for my 189 EOI (90 points) in Civil Engineering. However, I just realized that I may have overclaimed 5 points related to Australian work experience. Here's the issue:

I worked for an Australian-based company in Canada for many years and in 2012 I did a year long secondment with them in their Queensland office. I was physically present in Australia for 11 months and after the 11 month mark, I moved back to Canada to work with my home office. In filling out my EOI I thought I could claim one year of Australian work experience because even though I only spent 11 months in Australia, I spent the 1 month back I was back  in Canada still working on Australian projects as part of the project handover phase. Now I realize that to claim the 5 points for Aus experience, you need to be physically present in the country.

I need to consult with an agent to figure out the likelihood of rejection and if I do get refused a visa, how it will affect any future applications like the 190 or temporary 482.

I don't if the location of the agent matters but I'm based in Canada and I can't find too many people here online.

36 minutes ago, paulhand said:

The location of the agent is irrelevant, just make sure they are MARA registered. All the registered agents who post regularly on this forum are reputable and able to assist. You need to get some assistance ASAP to get this sorted out. 

what's the best way to contact you?

14 minutes ago, Billie Jean said:

Who are the regular agents posting to the forum? I'm new here and still figuring things out.

Thanks

Paul has replied and he is one of them. His details are in his signature and he has already advised what you need to do - withdraw that application and start again