Medicals

KangaKit

Just wondering if anyone in the uk managed to get their medical done in covid times or whether all clinics are shut..there are a couple l've not been able to contact..also has anyone's 491 application changed from received? I presume this means they haven't looked at it yet? Does it flag up automatically when medicals have been completed for the case officer to then review the info? Sorry..loads of questions!

Edited by KangaKit

2 hours ago, KangaKit said:

Just wondering if anyone in the uk managed to get their medical done in covid times or whether all clinics are shut..there are a couple l've not been able to contact..also has anyone's 491 application changed from received? I presume this means they haven't looked at it yet? Does it flag up automatically when medicals have been completed for the case officer to then review the info? Sorry..loads of questions!

Most of the UK centres are in Nuffield hospitals who have taken the decision to handover their facilities to the NHS for the duration of the crisis; this means anything non-essential is not taking place (and visa medicals are deemed non-essential). If you can find a medical panel member that isn't Nuffield based they may still be operating, and the system will change back in the near future no doubt.

When the medical is uploaded by the panel doctor, it goes through an online check to make sure it is within the acceptable parameters, if it is then it pretty much gets accepted by computer (although there is random checking done by a human); only those that don't fit the "expected norm" go to a medical reviewer - they are notified immediately, but can process whenever suits them. (this is what my doctor told us when we had our medicals done)

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

Most of the UK centres are in Nuffield hospitals who have taken the decision to handover their facilities to the NHS for the duration of the crisis; this means anything non-essential is not taking place (and visa medicals are deemed non-essential). If you can find a medical panel member that isn't Nuffield based they may still be operating, and the system will change back in the near future no doubt.

When the medical is uploaded by the panel doctor, it goes through an online check to make sure it is within the acceptable parameters, if it is then it pretty much gets accepted by computer (although there is random checking done by a human); only those that don't fit the "expected norm" go to a medical reviewer - they are notified immediately, but can process whenever suits them. (this is what my doctor told us when we had our medicals done)

I think KangaKit was referring to the visa application status changing from 'received'.

1 hour ago, DukeNinja said:

I think KangaKit was referring to the visa application status changing from 'received'.

Sorry I was responding to the first and last bits of their post

The first was about has anyone managed to do a visa - Nuffield have basically shut down visa medicals so few places in the UK until COVID subsides

The last bit was "does it flag automatically when meds done" - I was just highlighting that in most cases a person doesn;t even see the meds it is computer assessed unless issues reported

• Thanks 1

On 15/07/2020 at 07:55, KangaKit said:

Manchester are still doing medicals