491 Questions

LostInCuba

Hello, I am wondering how the following scenarios would work if I were to get a 491 visa down the road. I chose these scenarios because I am interested in getting a 491 visa and would ideally like to end up in either Wollongong or the Gold Coast depending on what the situation is post-corona. 

1. If I got a 491 visa for NSW and lived in Wollongong but was unable to get a teaching job in the Illawarra region and took a permanent or some relief positions in South West Sydney, for example, the Campbelltown area but still lived in Wollongong. Would this be allowed on the visa?
  2. A different scenario I was wondering was if you got a 491 visa for Queensland and lived on the Gold Coast but say there was an opportunity to teach in Tweed Heads right across the border in NSW, would you be able to take that position and still live on the Gold Coast in Queensland or would you need to both live and work in the same state.

1. You can live and work in any of the postcodes listed here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list/regional-postcodes - you'd need to check whether Campbelltown/Camden or other areas you were interested in fell into that list.

2. Queensland won't be happy about this as you will have signed an undertaking that you commit to live and work in QLD if they nominate you.