888 forms and who can fill them out

Katie B

Hi, new member here. My apologies if some of these questions have already been answered.

Im filling out, day by day, our 309 Visa to return to Australia. My husband is an Australian Citizen by birth, I am British. 

I have some confusion as to who can fill out 888 forms. I thought it was only Australian permanent residents or Citizens. But I have been told that my family and friends in the UK can fill them out also. Is this correct? If it is not, what are the alternatives? 

And, I am in a bit of debt with my bank in Australia. This is due to the speed in which I had to leave the country as to not overstay.  Do you have to pay your debt off completley or can you prove you are repaying it in manageable amounts in order to have your visa approved?

Thank you in advance!!! 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Katie B said:

I have some confusion as to who can fill out 888 forms. I thought it was only Australian permanent residents or Citizens. But I have been told that my family and friends in the UK can fill them out also. Is this correct? If it is not, what are the alternatives?

It’s in the 2nd paragraph on page one of the form who can fill them in: “Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form.”

They are not interested in your commercial debts, just any debt to the Australian government. 

3 minutes ago, paulhand said:

It’s in the 2nd paragraph on page one of the form who can fill them in: “Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form.”

They are not interested in your commercial debts, just any debt to the Australian government. 

Would this include Commonwealth Bank, as it is privately owned. But when filling out the forms it does say that by signing this form you allow the department to seek information from financial institutions and private businesses etc