482 medium term processing times

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had their 482 medium term visa granted recently? Were at day 64 this weekend and still nothing, and still showing as 'received' only on the visa homepage.  I'm aware of the COVID delays, but 90% of applications being processed in 64 days is based on processing times in May, when I guess things were still a bit more up in the air. Was hoping it might be done within the 64 days this month.

Be great to hear if anyone has had theirs approved recently. 

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. So when it says 90% were processed in 64 days in may, what 482 visas were processed if not many are going through? I'm coming over to do a healthcare job which could be deemed critical. How would they know what profession I am applying under without beginning to process?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks 

Oh, ok. Thats what it says on the visa page, and on my application home page and says it was update on 26th June 2020. Is this not correct? Do they normally post inaccurate timescales? Is it worth calling them then to find out more? My employer in Australia is desperate for me to come over to help with their current backlog of patients so I'd like to give them some idea when I will likely be there, as I also need to apply for exemption too..

1 hour ago, Lauram1 said:

Oh, ok. Thats what it says on the visa page, and on my application home page and says it was update on 26th June 2020. Is this not correct? Do they normally post inaccurate timescales? Is it worth calling them then to find out more? My employer in Australia is desperate for me to come over to help with their current backlog of patients so I'd like to give them some idea when I will likely be there, as I also need to apply for exemption too..

I would apply for the exemption now. 

27 minutes ago, Lauram1 said:

Thanks Paul. I thought you needed the visa confirmed before you apply for exemption? 

You need to have applied for the visa ... any temporary visa approvals appear to be linked to exemptions but this is not transparent. 

14 hours ago, Lauram1 said:

Anyone? I've now applied for exemption stating I'd like to be in the country within 3 months. Does anyone know how long exemptions are roughly taking? 

As with everything else at the moment, very erratic and unpredictable. 

I have seen some refused within hours, others approved within days, while others have no communication after many weeks.