Visitor Visa from WHV

Eib

Hi!

So I am in the process of extending my stay in Australia with a 6 months visitor visa. There are a few factors that I am unsure about and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I have limited funds ($2000 AUD) but evidence of financial support from my mum, who will aid my stay. Would this be enough for the visa to be approved?

Secondly, do I mention my longterm Australian bf (we have been together nearly 3 years). I am torn between focusing more on the fact that lockdown disrupted my travel plans, and mentioning my bf - as he would also support me during the stay and we lived together throughout lockdown. I don't know if the relationship could help or damage my application. 

I do have strong evidence of returning to the UK as my uni course starts in January.

Any thoughts appreciated 😬 tah Xx

1 hour ago, Eib said:

Secondly, do I mention my longterm Australian bf (we have been together nearly 3 years). I am torn between focusing more on the fact that lockdown disrupted my travel plans, and mentioning my bf - as he would also support me during the stay and we lived together throughout lockdown. I don't know if the relationship could help or damage my application. 

Tell the truth ... if he is your de facto partner you should declare him as such. It will only damage your application (and future ones) if you don't fully disclose your situation.

• Like 3