Resident returning (or ping pong if you prefer)

hawkmoon1704

So we are planning to return to Sydney after 2 years away and wondered if anyone else has ping ponged during Covid. Are there any restrictions on this type of traveller and what are the basic rules on return? Simple 2 week isolation? Do we organise this ourself or do we have to somewhere special?

Thanks for any and all info on this.

3 hours ago, hawkmoon1704 said:

So we are planning to return to Sydney after 2 years away and wondered if anyone else has ping ponged during Covid. Are there any restrictions on this type of traveller and what are the basic rules on return? Simple 2 week isolation? Do we organise this ourself or do we have to somewhere special?

Thanks for any and all info on this.

As long as you are PR or Citizen, you are allowed in. You have to isolate yourself in hotel for 2 weeks, paid by NSW government. Due to recent spike in cases in Victoria, they are not taking any international flights and i think NSW also put restrictions on number of passengers that can arrive each day.Please read the article below

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-04/nsw-coronavirus-cap-on-arrivals-to-ease-quarantine-pressure/12422504

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hawkmoon1704 said:

I'm assuming you've got an RRV (resident return visa)?  If so, then you are allowed to enter, no formalities necessary.   You will be taken to quarantine ini a hotel for two weeks, all arranged for you. Currently it's free in most states but the NT is already charging people, and WA is making noises about charging too, so it depends when you are planning to travel.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hawkmoon1704 said:

Thanks. Yeah got RRV looking at 1st September. Any word on exercise during iso? And food delivery and suchlike. Hard going being restricted to a hotel room for 14 days haha

@Lavers is in quarantine in Melbourne as we speak.   Food is provided but you can also order in.   Lots of exercise classes available on Zoom these days and you get free wifi.  

• Like 1

We ponged back early on in the pandemic. Packed up and left in 2 days, cleaned the house, locked up and hoped it would complete on a negotiated sale. We were on day 2 on compulsory home isolation but it was a very haphazard process back then because we flew from Sydney to Canberra and there was no compulsory mask wearing back then (we did!). Our son had set us up brilliantly (he’s long been a prepper so he knew what to do) and we called our local IGA who were happy to do home delivery.  I found indoor walking exercises on YouTube which I really enjoyed and also had my staples of body weight exercise.  It’d be different now because of the guarded isolation in first port of arrival but the basics would remain the same. I had a lot of yarn on hand so I was happy!  

Keep calm and carry on! Don’t get your knickers in a knot and just go with the flow (and hope you aren’t put in a room where people above you make a load of noise!). Certainly, home isolation was a doddle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Re: excercise online. Try Joe Wicks recordings on YouTube. Something for everyone and lots of ten minute wake-you-up stuff. Kept me going during two months in the house. If you excercise with weights you might have a problem because they seem to have gone the way of toilet paper ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hawkmoon1704 said:

Thanks. Yeah got RRV looking at 1st September. Any word on exercise during iso? And food delivery and suchlike. Hard going being restricted to a hotel room for 14 days haha

Qld is also now charging for hotel quarantine.

Ordering in of food etc depends on the individual hotel as they have to accept the deliveries for you.

Exercise? Depends how big your room is..........

• Like 1