143 subclass

Bevan996

We submitted our application on February 9th 2018 at the time the wait was 36 months we have seen that they are dealing with april 2016 applications and any new applications are going to take 58 months does this mean our waiting time has gone to over 4 years as no waiting times are available can you help

3 hours ago, Bevan996 said:

We submitted our application on February 9th 2018 at the time the wait was 36 months we have seen that they are dealing with april 2016 applications and any new applications are going to take 58 months does this mean our waiting time has gone to over 4 years as no waiting times are available can you help

Unfortunately, you were wrongly informed about the waiting time in 2018.   It was not 36 months.  Go back and check forum threads for 2018 and you'll find everyone was well aware that it was much longer.  It's very annoying that the Home Affairs website gives misleading information.

The trouble is that the government website always shows the waiting time for people who are currently having their visas processed, not the waiting time for someone who applies that day.   So when you looked at the site and it said "3 years", it meant they were starting to process applications from 2015. 

In 2016 and again in 2017, there were massive spikes in applications received - but the number of parent visas was not increased to cater for the increased demand.  So the queue just got longer - much longer. People who applied in early 2016 have been waiting for 4 years.  Parents who apply today are likely to be waiting for 8 years (not 58 months).     I'm not sure how long your wait will be - somewhere in between, obviously. 

Edited by Marisawright

3 hours ago, Bevan996 said:

I’m not sure who told you 36 months but your wait time is likely to be about 6 years minimum. 

2 hours ago, Bevan996 said:

Thanks for getting back to us. When we received our confirmation of application it said we were position 538. Can anybody explain this?

I’ve no idea but it’s certainly not a queue position.  I applied exactly a year before you. In the year between our dates (particularly May/June 2017) there was a huge increase of applications. Something like over a years worth in those 2 months alone. I think I’m looking at about another 2 years to go which would mean you’re looking at about another 4 years. 

• Like 1