Australia suspends Skilled Migration Until further notice

Guest The Pom Queen

On 06/07/2020 at 03:26, Domo said:

There are a lot of people on WHV and other temp visas who are currently in Australia and being looked after, as opposed to PR applicants who have worked hard at satisfying visa conditions over the past X amount of years and are on the MSTSOL. They certainly should and are taking care of citizens first, but prioritizing backpackers over industry professionals is a little annoying. I sold my accumulated wealth here in Canada and have been invited and applied for my 190 visa, I'm pissed as are many other people who are currently in a similar situation.

When things 'change', they change their minds.

ATN

On 10/07/2020 at 17:55, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

The point I was trying to make is to say that jobs should go to Aussies first before migrants is a very simplistic one and not always valid

I agree, BUT that sentiment will get votes.   We don't call our prime minister "Scotty from Marketing" for nothing.   The slogan potential of any policy is more important than whether it's the best option. (Actually, these days, that's true of most politicians).

Edited by Marisawright

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2020 at 21:42, Ausvisitor said:

What about people on temp visas that are coming up to their "there may be pathway to PR after 3 years" point. Are they barred from putting in an application to convert away from the temp visa also until this is resolved (would this also affect 489 holders who now wish to exercise their right to switch from provisional to permanent residency)?

887 seem to be flying trough. I know 2 people who have had theirs processed in around 4 months.

3 hours ago, Red farang said:

Does anyone know of a good migration agent, that can help or talk us through the process, my partner is a fully qualified teacher and i am a qualified carer for people with autism, i also have family in adelaide and i am also a joiner by trade

I think you can only pick one basis for your application and go with it

I am not an agent (there are many reputable ones here), but just form looking at what you posted, I would suggest you go with your partners teaching qualification as the primary application route and you being included on her application.

Have a look for a good agent of your choice for further advice. 

3 hours ago, Red farang said:

Does anyone know of a good migration agent, that can help or talk us through the process, my partner is a fully qualified teacher and i am a qualified carer for people with autism, i also have family in adelaide and i am also a joiner by trade

@Alan Collett

This is who we used, got our visas in january.

• Like 1