Email for Immigration? Help

Dominic Knight

Hi,

In 2017, I was in Australia for 6 months on a Working Holiday visa.

My travels sadly got cut short with my brother's emission to hospital in the UK. 

During my 6 months in paradise, I was in employment for 3 months with an electrical company in Adelaide. Sadly, I didn't work 38 hour weeks for the first month so I don't think I've accrued the 88 days tally.

I have saved back up and would like to revitalise the dream of living and working in Australia. 

I wondered if there was an email address I could send over details & evidence of my trip to let me know the options I have available to me.

I was unsure of which visa to apply for this time around? 

Should I be applying for a second year working visa?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Apologies if I haven't posted in the correct place. 

Regards

Dominic 😊

6 hours ago, Dominic Knight said:

In 2017, I was in Australia for 6 months on a Working Holiday visa.

My travels sadly got cut short with my brother's emission to hospital in the UK. 

I wondered if there was an email address I could send over details & evidence of my trip to let me know the options I have available to me.

I was unsure of which visa to apply for this time around? 

Should I be applying for a second year working visa?

Sadly, there is no point in emailing immigration because the rules are very clear.  

You are only allowed to have one Working Holiday Visa, even if you didn't stay for the whole time on your first one.   And you didn't work in a regional area, so you are not eligible to apply for the second year working visa, either.

The only other option is one of the Skilled visas, either temporary (employer-sponsored) or permanent.   To be eligible,  you must have qualifications and experience in an occupation that is on the Skilled list.   If not, you can't work in Australia, end of story - unless you are willing to go back to college or university and retrain.

10 minutes ago, Dominic Knight said:

I was living with my auntie and uncle who are dual citizens now. 

With me being there nephew can they sponsor me? 

Possibly - but you would still need a job on the skills list, a positive skills assessment and to meet the minimum points score:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-work-regional-provisional-491/application#Eligibility

Probably worth seeking out some professional advice on a potential way forward.

33 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Possibly - but you would still need a job on the skills list, a positive skills assessment and to meet the minimum points score:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-work-regional-provisional-491/application#Eligibility

Probably worth seeking out some professional advice on a potential way forward.

Hopefully from now until the borders open.

You need an influx of car salesman....

Just now, Marisawright said:

That might get you a few extra points but you still need an occupation that’s on the skilled list 

It gets you the same points as a state nomination for a 491 visa, but removes the need to be nominated by a state. It does however need high points and they weren't issuing many invitations before it all shut down.

• Like 1