Moving to Albury

Nicks

I am a Registered Nurse currently working in one of the major and busy hospital in Sydney. I am in my early 30s. I moved to sydney from overseas when i was 19yrs old. Now i am looking into moving to Albury. I have been to Albury few times and i kinda like it. The only issue is i am scared to make a move since i am doing so well career wise in sydney. But i want to buy a house, live bit relaxing life in my own space with my partner and so on. If i am looking to buy in sydney it costs arms and legs. And i dont want a mortage over 500k. Can anyone please give me some insight on nursing career and progress in Albury? Any nurses who has made move to Albury?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous poster.  Although I cannot assist with positions in NSW Health, I did move my family down there for a three-month stint, working in Albury, several years ago. We really enjoyed it. 

Summers can be hot in Albury yet there is hardly any humidity throughout summer and so its quite bearable. I found it to be a great place to work including the fact that in NSW Government Services Albury is a desirable posting.  Like any town or bush city I did strike the usual cliques, in the workforce, so be prepared to weather that. 

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 19:09, Nicks said:

Can anyone please give me some insight on nursing career and progress in Albury? Any nurses who has made move to Albury?

Go to Albury Wodonga Health website, it may assist. 

Also go here for job vacancies and registration as a job seeker:

awh.mercury.com.au 

39 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Go to Albury Wodonga Health website, it may assist. 

Also go here for job vacancies and registration as a job seeker:

awh.mercury.com.au 

Hi Dusty Plains,

Thank you for your insight on the topic. I Have been to Albury on multiple occasions. I like it. I am just very scared to make a move since i have a good career in Sydney.well i think its good. Except i can't afford to have own house  in Sydney and i don't want to buy a apartment that costs over 600k. With 400k i can buy a brand new 4 bedder home in Albury. As i get older i come to think how i want to live my life when i am in my 40s or 50s or 60s. I want to have my comfort zone in my own home, i want to be able to go in the backyard and play with dogs and so on. I guess it comes to personal choices. And i understand every workforce has cliques and its not a new thing for me. I am still thinking and looking around. I hope it won't be too difficult for me to make decision.

On 01/07/2020 at 19:51, starlight7 said:

I'd say -go for it. Albury is a lovely border town and lots of beautiful places nearby.  We go up there for a break from time to time. Don't have any inside info about the hospital there but Albury Wodonga Health  covers a large area I think.

Thank you starlight7. I am still thinking and taking my time with all the Covid stuffs atm. Might take some time until i make decision to move from Sydney to Albury.