864 Aged Parent Visa documentation

VikramM

Hi, As my parents are here on visitor visa I am planning to file 864. My dad is 67 and mom 64 years of age. 

Just with the documemtation i would like to clarify all they have in original is their passports rest all are scanned copies for their id proof. Is there a neef to attest tge copies before visa submission or just simple scans are enough. 

As i understand they would be put in bridging visa and in normal circunstances wont be able to travel back on BVA to get originals at any stage. BVB could be an option but would like to have clarity at this stage. 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, VikramM said:

8 years?  Sc864 has got a tentative time of 2 to 3 years isn't it? 

No.  The Home Affairs website shows 4 years, but that's for applications that are being processed now - i.e. the 2016 applications getting their visas in 2020.   Since then, every year there have been more applications received than visas granted, so the queue keeps getting longer.   Also,  there was a big surge of applications in 2016 and another big spike in 2017, which have made things even worse.

They award 6,000 to 8,000 parent visas every year. As of now, there are around 45,000 applications in the queue (that is a guesstimate, but probably not far wrong).