register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Chelle1812

Help on how to get a visa

Hi. 
I want to move to Australia. (Queensland) I am 37 years old and have 2 dependants. I am a family support worker which is on the skills shortage but I don’t have the qualifications which makes it hard. What’s the best was for state sponsorship or how would I go about finding a job in Queensland that would sponsor me? 
thank you 

michelle 

14 minutes ago, Chelle1812 said:

Hi. 
I want to move to Australia. (Queensland) I am 37 years old and have 2 dependants. I am a family support worker which is on the skills shortage but I don’t have the qualifications which makes it hard. What’s the best was for state sponsorship or how would I go about finding a job in Queensland that would sponsor me? 

I suggest you book a consultation with a good migration agent.  The first consultation should be free.  They won't give you a lot of detail, but they'll be able to tell you whether it's worth taking it further or not.   Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.

I don't advise looking for employer sponsorship. Most employer sponsorship is just a temporary contract for 2 to 4 years.  There is a chance that you might manage to apply for permanent residency after that, but it is only a "might" - there are lots of things that can go wrong.   If it's a well-paid job and you've got a good buffer of savings, you can see it as an adventure - but you should budget on the basis that you'll have to move your family back to the UK at the end of the contract, because that's the most likely outcome. 

I know you want to go to Queensland, but you may have to take a longer-term view and start in one of the other states first.  It may mean that you can't move to Queensland for several years, but at least you'll be in Australia. 

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke